Sign in to follow this  
dmbusmc

LatinVFR KMIA V.2 is out

Version 2 is out and I'd be interested to hear what people think about it, especially those that have V.1 and now V.2! Been waiting for a good KMIA for a while now, and want some reassurance on pulling the trigger!

http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?5171-LatinVFR-releases-Miami-KMIA-v2-FS9-FSX-P3D

http://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr-miami-international-airport-kmia-v2.phtml

It does look great!

$6 for former owners is a nice deal for the amount of work they did (it's a new and completely different scenery).

But it is my opinion that V1 should have fixed a long time ago as the FSX version was not usable at all. It was a broken product before.

Did anyone try this out yet ? I was going to buy kmia when They first released it because it's an American Airlines hub but I heard people had such bad performance so I didn't buy it, But supposedly now it's a lot better any opinions?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Did anyone try this out yet ? I was going to buy kmia when They first released it because it's an American Airlines hub but I heard people had such bad performance so I didn't buy it, But supposedly now it's a lot better any opinions?

I tried it out last night and it worked great. Might have had a slight FPS drop from normal but it wasn't anything bad. Not sure how it compares with frames from the last version as I didn't fly into MIA enough to really notice. Love the scenery though. I recommend it. 

V2 is worlds better than the old 1.1 version.

V2 is worlds better than the old 1.1 version.

Agree with that 100%!!

I was getting bad performance on v1 but v2 works great and looks a little better as well. On my new rig which is only running at 3.9ghz, 2133mhz RAM and a GTX670 2GB card, I am easily getting ~30 FPS on approach with the NGX, UT2 traffic at 70% and all the WOAI cargo packages installed at set at 100%.

Far cry from what I had using v1 where I would struggle to get 20 FPS with no AI, albeit that was an older system but worked fine with all my FSDT and FlightBeam airports.

The new version of KMIA is a keeper and looks and performs well. I think its safe to say that we can look past the performance problems of the old version and can now enjoy the new one.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have it combined with Drezwiecki Design Miami City 2012, and it's working very well, compared to the original.  Latin VFR keeps improving and they are catching up to the big developers in terms of quality.  

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I have it running with Miami City 2012 and it's working great together (as had the earlier version).

KMIA v.2 is not only looking MUCH better than the first version, but on my machine, it runs faster and smoother as well. 

My only disappointment is that it is not DX10 compatible, so while it looks fantastic during the day, once dusk settles in, parts of the airport and some of the surrounding areas show up white.  Those of you running DX9 should have no problems.

But it is a definite keeper. 

Alexander Alonso

Wow, looks great.

Funny thing is, just landed at this airport for the first time and I was actually impressed with the default airport. Not any more after seeing the above, heh.

It is a lot better than V1 for sure.  I still can't figure out why the shadows of the aircraft you are flying won't show up sometimes.  Like the scenery around some gates and taxiways is raised just slightly and it displays over the shadow.  Anyone else caught this?

Mitchell Haughee

Well I did a very quick turn in my VRS superbug. I did not get a very good look at it. I need to do a proper tour and arrival. It will have to wait till the weekend I'm afraid. Frames seemed the same for the run. But the bug is not easy on frames either.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

is it compatible with megascenery earth florida as the last version wasnt  

14ppkc-6.png

Just received an email notice that version 2.1 is available for download.   Not sure what it updates, though.  Downloading and installing shortly.

Alexander Alonso