Sign in to follow this  
kaloska

I have major stuttering close to bigger airports, if My Traffic Ai enabled

Hi Folks !

I have heavy stuttering for several seconds closing to a bigger Airports with traffic enabled. Without "My Traffic" Ai the approach is smooth. This happen 2-3 miles from an airport like KPAE and I think when the Ai will be active in those airports. This is natural or my system can not handle it very well ? If I oc my processor, this problem is remaining too, and my PC is optimised with cfg tweeks naturally. This stutters are not micro stutters and several seconds long . Any help would be good from You . THX

My rig: i5-750, Ati 4890/1g, 4 GB ram.

Your video card is holding your system back I believe.

Using UTII here - Since UTII gives you a hotkey to disable AI I will usually use it when approaching a heavy AI airport like KSFO.  It is the only way I can get decent frames when landing.  Anyway AI is probably the #1 FPS killer on my system.  

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

AI is probably the #1 FPS killer on my system.

That's true, and Snohomish is in Seattle area, which isn't the easiest on frames either. Maybe cutting back on scenery (autogen density) can help a bit, too?

Thanks for responds !

As I sad, this several seconds long heavy stutter are only appear in a specific distance (4-5 miles) from a bigger airport than dissapear. I don't think  that my gfx card is cause of my stutters therefore. Any other idea ? My ai setting is only 10 % ga and airliners , and disabled every other ai. And I disabled the "exits for ground animations" option in My Traffic setup  too.

What happens if you turn off all the AI traffic?

Without ai I have not any big stutters as closing a bigger airport like KPAE. KPAE because I testing everything on KSEA-KPAE route.

If it's only restricted to the proximity of any city with many highly frequented airports, like Seattle, London or Paris, this is normal, because many airports with high amounts of traffic will put an extra load to your computer!

It may be especially bad in/around Seattle, because MS chose to depict Seattle as closely to the real one as it was possible within the limits of the sim in 2006, which sadly has the result that this area is really performing badly on most systems, so I guess you'll have to cut back on some settings.

I agree with Jim's first answer to your question, the video card might indeed be the problem, because as you can see I think my computer has quite similar specs, yet I'm able to run FSX in that area without severe stutters (this doesn't mean stutters don't occur at all, though!).

Yes I understand, that these heavy for the system, but I dont understand perfectly why gfx is the bottleneck, because when I closing 4 miles to an airport, the ai planes not appears to me yet, therefore only the cpu working with it, not the gpu, only when ai planes visible with there higher polygons. This is not true ?

Hi !

Please help me !

I tested today.

Removed all unnecessary tweeks from my config file, and I keep only AffinityMask14 and Highmemfix. The performance in the test flight was very good, no stutter, 40-50 FPS from KSEA to KPAE with C172 without any Ai activated. No texture and autogen loading problem too. It was very nice flight. After this I set 10% Ai and minimal airport traffic and fair weather. The flight was very good with 45-55 FPS, but 3 miles from KPAE I had 3-4 sec heavy stutters and the steady 45-50 FPS go down in this short period to 5 FPS and jumping too. After this short period my FPS went back 45-50, and the whole approach was wery stable and stutter free again to the runway. My processor was OC-ed to 3.4 GHz.

This is very annoying to me, because the performance in FSX never was such stable and smooth, like now.

Any idea Folks ?

Set the in game frame rate limiter to 24fps. Setting it to unlimited can easily cause stutters as your system wastes CPU cycles trying to render all those extra frames.

Outer FPS limiter will be good, because inner limiter cause lesser fps, than an outer limiter ?

I will try it now.