Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Why Doesn't Captain Sim Make Russian Aircraft?

Captain Sim is what I'd say a decent developer. They aren't PMDG or MJC, but they make alright aircraft. I have their 727, their C-130, their 757, and their 767. I've never really flown the 727 much, but the C-130 and the 767 are actually pretty great planes. When their B777 was released, I heard bad things about it, which kept me from buying it.

CS is a Russian company, and after buying the Aerosoft Norilsk X (which is a great addon for those who are wondering) I started to do some flying in Russia with the PMDG B738 in the S7 Airlines livery. I did some searches for some good Russian airliner addons, and the only one I really found was the Project Tupolev Tu-154B2.

The thing I want to know is why does Captain Sim waste their time making planes like the B767 which LDS has already done, or the B757 which QW has already done, or the B777 which PMDG is currently making when they could of spent their time making a completely original Russian aircraft that we have yet to see?

My regards,

Nathan3219

It's be be to see. I LOVE the PT154 and the real world one but I can't learn enough Russian to read the cockpit lol

They probably think there's no market for one but maybe the Sibwings AN2 could change their mind.

Thats the way to go, have an option for an English stickers cockpit..if its realistic or just do a newer all english cockpit.

Meanwhile I'm still learning Russian with the PT154 :D

iPad spelling in that last post wow lol

This may sound stupid, but can they make Russian Aircraft? Are they allowed to? I'm not quite sure what the availability of receiving information would be. But Sibwings was able to do it with their an-2, so that may have opened the door up!

Yeah that's something to think about. The AN-2 might have been easier to get info for, Project Tupolev were able to do it for the 154 however. But they might've had some help as I believe that plane is actually used for training in.

Captain Sim is in Ukraine right?

(...)

Captain Sim is in Ukraine right?

Correct.

Russian or other 'Eastern' airplanes would stop people comparing their planes to PMDG, LVLD, QW and others - a comparison CS can hardly stand.   B)

A move towards developing 'Eastern' planes would actually be a good move.

Any votes on whether they should finish their 777 and their L1011 first?   :P

This may sound stupid, but can they make Russian Aircraft? Are they allowed to? I'm not quite sure what the availability of receiving information would be. But Sibwings was able to do it with their an-2, so that may have opened the door up!

Of course they are allowed to make them, there are already IL-86, IL-96, TU-134, TU-154, IL-76 and many more made for FS2004. I don't think you would really need a license from manufacturer to model one.

Getting into a cockpit of an airliner flying for some airline in Russia shouldn't be difficult either, generally officials seem to be way more paranoid about things related to aviation in the US than they are in Russia.

I sure think they should start making Russian birds, with proper manuals of course so even those who don't know any Russian could learn them. Though as CS is based in Ukraine I don't know if their team members can speak Russian, if they don't it could be difficult.

I simply think the market isn't big enough for Russian airplanes. 'Everyone' wants to fly Boeings and Airbusses... SImple as that. Only very few people would be interested in a Russian airplane. I wouldn't even think about buying one, really. I never flew in one and don't feel like doing so too, I might add.

Too bad a lot of the simming community in Russia still seems to be using FS2004 which explains why most of the high quality Russian aircraft are FS9 only.  no western freeware addon plane comes even close to the quality of those Russian simulations. 

I think plenty of people outside Russia too would be interested in flying something different from regular western stuff. 

Russian freeware is the best freeware for flightsim.

And I think there would be a good enough market, there's enough people who want something different like that. Unfortunately you'll always get the "I won't fly Russian ..." stuff from people, and for what reason?

A newer Antonov would be cool or a Tupolev 204 or an Il-96 or a...well you get the idea.

There was an antonov released earlier thus year - cant remember the type- there was a thread here too but the author only sold it in Russia, he told me he would put it in SimMarket but don't know if he did.

Lee

Russian freeware is the best freeware for flightsim.

And I think there would be a good enough market, there's enough people who want something different like that. Unfortunately you'll always get the "I won't fly Russian ..." stuff from people, and for what reason?

A newer Antonov would be cool or a Tupolev 204 or an Il-96 or a...well you get the idea.

There was an antonov released earlier thus year - cant remember the type- there was a thread here too but the author only sold it in Russia, he told me he would put it in SimMarket but don't know if he did.

Lee

I'd love to see a Tu-204, and especially an IL-96, because it would be something to substitute the lack of an A340.

It's simple economics.  I'm sure CS made a lot more money selling B777 to those who can't wait on PMDG than they would have selling an IL-96.  People want to fly the planes they fly in real life.  You can see a perfect case study with PMDG and their MD-11.  As great as the MD11 is....the NGX outsold it the day it was launched.

People want to fly the planes they fly in real life.

Yet many devs keep making money with military birds that 99% of buyers have never flown in real life. Also I'm quite sure CS made good bit of profit with their 707 and 727 although quite big amount of people who bought those have never flown in one as they have been so rare for quite a while anyway.

There's profit to be made with Russian birds, surely not as much as PMDG made with their 737NGX but still enough for some smaller developer to do one in average quality at least.

When I get more experienced with FS Design Studio I might try make a simple one myself, for now I will just concentrate on scenery making. 

I think a Tu-204 or IL-96 would be awesome, and it would be different, a whole new cockpit to learn, Airbus and Boeing is too well known, time to spice it up with some new stuff I reckon.