Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GodAtum

Home Cockpit users: do you fly other planes?

For example, if you have a 737 cockpit so you ever feel your missing out on flying other planes like the Majestic Dash or the upcoming 777?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't see how you cannot fly other airplanes. For example, I use a 100 in projector screen, and my sim's PFD and ND monitor connected to my FSX computer. Because of the large screen, I can easily fly other planes in VC. I can also pop out gauges and place them on my PFD/ND monitor. I may not get to use all of my hardware, but I can still fly as if I didn't have a simpit.

Thats true. I was thinking in terms of using different versions of an MCP, FMC etc. So for example if you had a 737 simpit and tried to fly a Majestic Dash you would have to make a popup of the FMC and MCP onto one of your displays?

It completely depends on the developer and the type of hardware you're talking about. If the developer doesn't provide an SDK with their specific offsets, then in reality no hardware is going to work with it. The only exception to this is if the developer uses standard FSX controls. If you're looking for hardware to work with a large range of aircraft, but still look authentic, I would go with either VRInsight or Opencockpits stuff. VRInsight works with LINDA and can be easily configured for many aircraft. Opencockpits takes a bit of study to get the scrilting language down, but once you know it, you can create your own scripts.