Sign in to follow this  
TomEDDW

Worries about the NGX

Hey everybody!

I'm planning to purchase the great NGX (I definately want to).

But before doing so i'd like to ask the specialsts about what they think FSX and the

NGX will run like on my System.

I recently ordered a new Computer just for FSX and its specs are:

Intel i7-3820 @ 4,4 GHZ

Nvidia GTX 770 2 GB

16 GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 64 Bit

FSX would be installed on one separate SSD.

and so on...

My FSX setting would be:

NO Autogen (I dont need it)

NO Addon Scenery (except Mesh Terrain and replacement Textures)

NO Addon Traffic or FSX Traffic.

If someone thinks this is weird: I'm doing IFR flying most of the time and don't need to have

a large amount of Detail on the ground.

Addons would be:

Active Sky Evolution or Opus

Replacement Sky and Cloud Textures (Medium to High Res)

ENB Lightbloom

And of course the NGX

The ground Textures and stuff are all on MAX.

Now, if someone could tell what FPS i can expect with this setting would be great!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

I can't tell you about your exact frame rates, but:

- You'll have great fps all the way.

- You still have options to increase your settings and/or buy other types of addons.

No worries with those specs.

Just pay some attention on where/how to install FSX (see the PMDG knowledge base for that) and restrict any FSX fixes and tweaks and video settings to those ones which are absolutely necessary (see the AVSIM guide and the pinned PMDG topic on nvidia for that).

You will have no problems running the NGX on that system with the settings that you have specified, Thomas.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks so far!

I see so much videos of PMDGs Planes on youtube with stuttering and low frames. I can't tell if thats because of

FRAPS or any of those Videocapturing tools, or if thats low FSX performance.

But i feel a bit more comfortable about that now.

Can't wait for my PC to arrive!

Best regards!

Tom

It's been mentioned before that running no autogen can actually hurt performance on higher end systems.

I've seen evidence of it on mine. Something to think about. NickN posted all the details on the forum he's on once.

But, since you are running no AI, you'll hold locked 30 everywhere in the world, no problem. Especially with no 3rd party scenery.

Thanks so far!

I see so much videos of PMDGs Planes on youtube with stuttering and low frames. I can't tell if thats because of

FRAPS or any of those Videocapturing tools, or if thats low FSX performance.

But i feel a bit more comfortable about that now.

Can't wait for my PC to arrive!

Best regards!

Tom

You'll feel even more comfortabel when comparing your specs to the recommended configuration by PMDG for their NGX: Your system is clearly going to exceed those recommendations!

My rig is inferior to yours (pretty much the PMDG recommendation) and it gives me decent performance most of the time.

Ok,

so if it helps getting better performance i wouldnt refuse using a little Autogen for sure!

On my retired System FSX runs at around 50 to 60 FPS with less complex addons as the PMDG's are.

Is that a realistic expectation for my new System too?

Tom

Ok,

so if it helps getting better performance i wouldnt refuse using a little Autogen for sure!

On my retired System FSX runs at around 50 to 60 FPS with less complex addons as the PMDG's are.

Is that a realistic expectation for my new System too?

Tom

On your system it'd be silly to not run high autogen personally. You won't gain any benefit lowering it as you won't be bottlenecking the CPU running no AI traffic.

My I2500k at 4.6ghz sees almost no performance difference between max and very dense or dense. And I use heavy airliner AI traffic.

That sounds promising!

Now i have to wait a few more days for the new System to arrive. Hopefully in one piece! ;)

That sounds promising!

Now i have to wait a few more days for the new System to arrive. Hopefully in one piece! ;)

You will need to add some simple tweaks so don't freak out if you boot it up and it's not working like you thought.

BP=0, Jobscheduler tweak, FFTF=.10, and HIGHMEMFIX=1 should have you running at peak performance and quality. Two minutes worth of .cfg editing.

(...)

On my retired System FSX runs at around 50 to 60 FPS ...)

What do you need a new system for?   :P

You could spend your money on

- a yoke

- hardware throttles

- rudder pedals

- a 2nd monitor

- a subwoofer

- (tbc ...)

NO Autogen (I dont need it)

NO Addon Scenery (except Mesh Terrain and replacement Textures)

NO Addon Traffic or FSX Traffic.

HA, ya, that's easier said than done. ^_^

XD my computer barely reaches the recommendations that PMDG set, and doesn't reach them in some cases. Currently though I'm flying a 2.5 hour flight to St. Petersburg from Amsterdam and enjoying FPS locked at 30, with most of my settings set to dense/very dense and my ground textures 1-2 off of maximum~ you'll be fine with that CPU!

My system is pretty much the same but I have a lower video card than you do (GTX 660) and I run everything on MAX except for AI Traffic (25%) with Active Sky 2012 on 1024 resolution - 2048 resolution takes it down to about 18 with heavy clouds, so I just use 1024. In the NGX I can maintain a solid 25-30 FPS at any given time.

Hope that helps.

It should run fine. I was initially hesitant when I bough the 737 ngx, but did so based on the reviews. Its the only plane I fly now and I still discover new details every time I enter the plane.