Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

FS2Crew for PSX?

Hi Bryan,

PSX is about to enter beta test. Is there a possibility of your developing FS2Crew for it?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

PSX is a B744 simulator being developed by Hardy Heinlin of Aerowinx. See www.aerowinx.com

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

PSX is a B744 simulator being developed by Hardy Heinlin of Aerowinx. See www.aerowinx.com

Hi Richard,

Great news ! I flew PS1 for more one thousand hours... Thank you. And great news about FS2Crew and PSX !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

great news! I was watching PSX forums for some time :)

Wow, That is great news! I thought that project was dead long ago.

I have the manual to PS1 right here, it was great to fly and Hardy is a perfectionist, so I guess PSX will be as well.

Oh, I also have the "Precision Simulator User's Guide" for the PS1 from a little company called "Precision Manuals Development Group".

They later expanded and started to create planes instead of just writing manuals. Now they are more known as PMDG :)

Is it going to be in FSX since FS2Crew can support it? 

Lots of questions popping up, I'd better go visit Aerowinx :)

Helge

Helge Rasmussen

PSX is being developed by Hardy Heinlin of Aerowinx. PSX is a stand-alone B744-only simulator, written in Java so that it can execute on any operating system supporting that language.

PSX itself does not have any scenery or direct connections to VATSIM/IVAO. PSX will, though, have a bridge program to FSX which will enable PSX to drive the FSX-based scenery and other connectivity.

So a user would typically have PSX running on one or more PCs, and FSX on another. The entire simulator is a very complicated set of coded pieces communicating over TCP/IP, so that those pieces may be executed remotely. This is vital for those with physical cockpit rigs where they may wish to display the contents of, for example, the EICAS on a separate screen, or support a set of thrust levers taken from a real B744. Many PCs executing parts of PSX and intercommunicating through TCP/IP will be possible. It is likely that no two implementations will be exactly the same configurations.

A release date for PSX is not yet available, although Hardy has recently said that he is nearing the end of its development stage.

I have been a close watcher of PSX development over the years so if you have any questions I shall be happy to attempt to answer them.

Cheers, Richard

Hi Brian,

Is this product still in development or has some kind of obstacle occured? :)

Best Regards,