Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Who is running Opus + REXE all together ?

Hi i would just like to know if am running the correct setting with OPUS + REXE textures  all together.  For those who are running Opus for weather an REXE for textures what are your setting for REXE an what are your setting for Opus weather engine ? Do you get any performance lost when using both OPUS an REXE Textures? What option should remain active in REXE weather options when using OPUS for your main weather engine ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

If you only want to use REX for textures and OpusFSX for weather (and camera views) I would disable every weather setting there is in REX (simply untick EVERY tickable options you see in all the weather related preferences tabs), specially if you frequently startup REX to change textures. If you only use REX once a year or so to install new textures (like I do) you could let those weather options enabled, but then you will have to wait for a while when the program starts up and automatically loads the weather... so just to be sure I ALWAYS disable every REX weather option because I use OpusFSX for weather. You should never ever use two weather addons at the same time because that will lead to problems surely.

BTW If you only use REX for textures, like I do, you ONLY need to startup REX when you want to install new ones. I usually only install new textures after reinstalling FSX so I hardly ever run REX. No need for that. (You could even uninstall REX completely and the REX textures will still be active in FSX until you overwrite them with something else.)

If you only want to use REX for textures and OpusFSX for weather (and camera views) I would disable every weather setting there is in REX (simply untick EVERY tickable options you see in all the weather related preferences tabs), specially if you frequently startup REX to change textures. If you only use REX once a year or so to install new textures (like I do) you could let those weather options enabled, but then you will have to wait for a while when the program starts up and automatically loads the weather... so just to be sure I ALWAYS disable every REX weather option because I use OpusFSX for weather. You should never ever use two weather addons at the same time because that will lead to problems surely.

BTW If you only use REX for textures, like I do, you ONLY need to startup REX when you want to install new ones. I usually only install new textures after reinstalling FSX so I hardly ever run REX. No need for that. (You could even uninstall REX completely and the REX textures will still be active in FSX until you overwrite them with something else.)

Thank you i had visibility option in REXE enable . What about the cloud configuration  option in REXE do i need to disable anything ? Also winds an Visibilty option in REXE ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Thank you i had visibility option in REXE enable . What about the cloud configuration  option in REXE do i need to disable anything ? Also winds an Visibilty option in REXE ?

I don't think all those options have any effect when you don't have REX running or when you have REX running but disabled the weather engine. But I like to be 100% sure so I simply unticked EVERYTHING! :P It only takes a few seconds to do so, so why not do it. ^_^ Only if you do plan on using the REX weather engine now and then, I would leave those options on.

I don't think all those options have any effect when you don't have REX running or when you have REX running but disabled the weather engine. But I like to be 100% sure so I simply unticked EVERYTHING! :P It only takes a few seconds to do so, so why not do it. ^_^ Only if you do plan on using the REX weather engine now and then, I would leave those options on.

Thank you that is what needed to know to be sure it doesn't have any effect once am not using REX for weather engine .

Mr Leny

When using Opus, don't run REX or run REX but don't start the wx engine and you're good to go, assuming you've loaded a set of REX textures at some point.  The textures stay in place unless you load new ones or intentionally revert to your backup of the default textures.

I use both wx engines, going back and forth depending on a number of factors.  When using Opus, I simply don't run REX - no need to de-select any of REX's wx settings as they don't come into play unless you actually fire up REX AND start their wx engine.

Scott