Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

MegaScenery V.2 New Install Manager

35 States! Wonder how long that would take if you boot all those up together! :lol:

Howz Montana by the way?

Big Sky country lololol. Quality around billings pretty good. Huge state to download, but at least its smaller than Texas

Have to say with the entire state of Nevada being offered for the first time, I am really enjoying flying around the West and Southwest.

Yeah, it's just a holdover from the way the old stuff was displayed.  California, in particular, was an odd mix of MegasceneryX and Megascenery Earth v1.

I wonder how they're going to do California.  I'd love to be able to fill in the missing gaps in the SE part of CA where it borders the tip of Nevada and Arizona, as I fly over those gaps fairly often out of SoCal airports - but I'm really not anxious to replace my MegasceneryX SoCal.

Scott

...but I'm really not anxious to replace my MegasceneryX SoCal.

Scott

Rendering of photo scenery *should* be able to be controlled through the Scenery Library, if and it's a BIG IF, the resolution is of the same level. Otherwise, the highest level will display, regardless of SL settings. So I've heard...

Would it be possible to use MegaScenery So Cal and MegaEarth V1's Autogen with MEarth V2 when it comes out?

I have done this with France VFR sceneries and they work great. For. e.g I use their new HD French alps and used their old French alp's autogens. And they work great. So now their HD photoscenerie s have autogens. I think this is possible with VFR Frances since their AGN files are separated out from the texture files...

I'd like to do that with MS CA if the new Textures of higher resolution. But if the resolution is nothing to crow about or if I cannot use the autogens, then there is no point in getting V2 for CA.

As of now I love to fly So clan during dawn and dusk and even at night... Why would I want to lose all that?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

35 States! Wonder how long that would take if you boot all those up together

I think I have mentioned this a couple of times but, with all my 35 MSE States enabled, it takes me about 5 minutes to get to the startup screen.  Then, when I select the PMDG737NGX, there is so much thrashing of the HDD that it takes about 20 minutes for the PMDG737 aircraft to show up on the screen.  If I get impatient and try to select where my flight plan will begin, I'll get a FSX is not responding, uh, would you like to hold on for a while or would you like to close FSX.  I select I want to hold on.  After about 20 minutes, the aircraft shows and I can select my starting point, the date and time and the weather.  I then get to click Fly Now but the loading process takes another 10-20 minutes.  Finally I'm at the starting point and I can begin programming the flight, etc.!  However, in the background, FSX is still loading the scenery.... all of it.  This takes up a lot of resources so you have to wait until all the loading is done.  So, to resolve this issue, I have installed Scenery Config Editor.  I can then disable all of the States and addon that won't be needed for a flight.  I save the configuration and it is saved to the scenery.cfg.  When I start up FSX, getting to the startup screen is almost instantaneous.  Once the setup is completed and I hit the Fly Now button, it loads in less than 3 minutes.  FPS seem to be much higher too at the starting point.  So, you should not have all States enabled in the Scenery Library or you will be asking for trouble.  You can also start up FSX and go to the Scenery Library and disable any scenery that will not be used during your planned flight but I like the Scenery Config Editor.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I like the Scenery Config Editor.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, where can you download this?

Thanks!

Rod

Hi Rod,

Sorry for not responding sooner.  Here you go - http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm finding some of this a little confusing and could do with a spot of help I think...?  I have a LOT of scenery installed, including much photo scenery.

I also have Scenery Config Editor installed and use it often.

However.... If I deselect all my addon scenery and save the resulting config file, the 'virtual size' as shown using 'Process Explorer' is almost identical.  Surely there should be a BIG difference?  Or am I getting this completely wrong (nothin new there of course) ??

That certainly is interesting.  Do you own a LOT of MSE V2 photoscenery?  That's what this topic is about.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

That certainly is interesting.  Do you own a LOT of MSE V2 photoscenery?  That's what this topic is about.

Best regards,

Jim

I have a lot, but mine is not v2 of course.  Maybe that's why.

I don't think the massive loading of MSE V2 or any other photoscenery will affect the amount of VAS being used by FSX.  It's all loading in the background and you'll see it in the Process Monitor..

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM