Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Sabach Cloud & Environment

Hi,

I just downloaded the new "Sabach Cloud & Environment" freeware add-on. It replaces default clouds and sky textures. I think it improves significantly the look of the weather, especially clouds. There's no impact on FPS, on the contrary it seem to be even a little better. You can donwload it here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=19462

A couple of screenshots so you can see what to expect:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I thought the latest version was 1.2?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I thought the latest version was 1.2?

You're referring to another "package" from the same author, it's called "HDR environment X" and was published last February. This one instead is a different one and more recent.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I have half an eye on this but someone mentioned problems with unholy green clouds at dawn which put me off. Do the colours seem natural to you at all times of day? Your screeners certainly look natural.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Confusing, I had the HDR package and I thought it included the clouds and sky color as well? So what is new about this 1.0 release? Wasn't this a part of the HDR package as well? I am also faced with the overly yellowish and reddish colors and hope that it has been fixed as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Oh, maybe it was just hdr package which had cloud colour problems?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

HDR environment also includes shader files to modify brightness of HDR etc. While this pack is just replacement textures for sky & clouds, i take it.

I think I personally have a mix of both in my sim, brighter HDR and the newer cloud set.