Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Turbo Charging Update

Shooting for the middle of next week, and only here at Avsim.net lib.

I'm keeping an eye on this mod. :good:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Going Live! Look for it in the Lib. (may take a few to review)

0kav.jpg

0gnj.jpg

bvmu.jpg8uia.jpg

Awesome work! Will download this tomorrow.

If there are any questions about how to install, you can contact me in this thread allot faster then e-mail or msg.

Will do

A word about start up:

Unlike the regular 58, you actually need fuel pumps for start up.

1. turn on bat, and left and right alt.

2. throttles/mixture/prop levers to FULL, and turn on both fuel pumps for about 5 seconds.

3. Pumps off, throttles to full back. engage starter for either engine ( I usually start right one first ).

4. If no start, turn on fuel pump, and try again.

I should have included this in the package, but forgot. Sorry about that, but I had "go" fever!

On another note about start up... If she's being a bear about starting (a RW headache), using the mouse wheel, just pin that starter button down until she cranks over.

Exceptionally well done!

Straight forward, simple install.

Very nice job on the sounds as well.

Thanks for sharing your work, your time and your talent. Will be enjoying this one for a very long time.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

LDP1949, on 14 Jul 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Take-off and Maximum Continuous Power............39.5 in. Hg at 2700 RPM

Maximum Normal Operating Power.......................39.5 in. Hg at 2600 RPM

Cruise Climb Power............................................. 36.0 in. Hg at 2400 RPM

Maximum Cruise Power........................................33.0 in. Hg at 2400 RPM

The info I received from LDP1949 is directly from the TC POH, and is what the plane is based off.

I like to fly her at WOT (39 in.hg.) and 2500 rpms during climb out. 1200 FPM (default AP climb rate for this plane) will give you about 175-180 IAS. With default load out (225 Pilot / 210 Co-Pilot / full fuel), she can easily do 2000 fpm climbs to about 6000 feet before you have to back it off. Standard climb for the TC is 1600 fpm.

I like go fast planes, so knowing I dont have to pay real cash for that, I fly her at 8,000 ft to 10,000 ft, 39 in. hg., and 2600 rpms! She is just as fast as a legacy at that alt, and you can carry stuff!

Landing is, imho, really close to the real thing. You can't cut throttles and glide in. With full flaps and gear she will slow down allot. Once you get her stable, full props and about 13 to 15 in. hg. will get you to the ground at about 90 kts. @ 500 fpm decent.

I'm new to this bird like everyone else... so my best advice is just fly to learn... see what she can do. Beechcraft does offer an online download of the RW POH for about 30 bucks.

Thanks JesC, it was fun doing this, and I'm glad to share it!

I'm taking it to Oshkosh today I'll be cruising at 8000-12000 cruise altitude depending on the winds