Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Turbo Charging Update

AH! Good to see you figured it out... still... it should have worked as the new .wavs in the pack are different names of the old set.

At any rate, I hope you like em.

Just happened onto this new TC, THIS IS GREAT!!...........this is simply fantaastic, to say the least, I love the Baron, and now even more.................Thank you very much for doing all this work!!..........question, since I just downloaded this, does it have all the tweeks I read about in the above posts??..........the sound is totally diferent from the base Caranado Baron, so I assume I have the upgrade you mentioned, correct??  Agaain, many thanks,   B42L8

PS, and this may be looking a gift horse in the mouth, but, is there any fixes you know about for getting the panel guages to be lighted better so I can see the numbers, and also to get the taxi/landing lights brighter??.......I have the Shockwave program and the mods for the Baron, but are better than default, but still not bright enough for my old eyes..........double thanks

Hi B42L8.  Sorry for the delay. Can't help you on the panel lights. I know there is a funky transition between dusk and dawn where the panel lights don't work (dx9 or dx10). I haven't looked into that one sorry. The second sound set is separate dload. It should be in the lib. The slight aircraft.cfg  I posted @ post#40 is not included, so you will still want

to cut and paste that into the appropriate place.

Hope you enjoy!

Hawk

Just happened onto this new TC, THIS IS GREAT!!...........this is simply fantaastic, to say the least, I love the Baron, and now even more.................Thank you very much for doing all this work!!..........question, since I just downloaded this, does it have all the tweeks I read about in the above posts??..........the sound is totally diferent from the base Caranado Baron, so I assume I have the upgrade you mentioned, correct??  Agaain, many thanks,   B42L8

PS, and this may be looking a gift horse in the mouth, but, is there any fixes you know about for getting the panel guages to be lighted better so I can see the numbers, and also to get the taxi/landing lights brighter??.......I have the Shockwave program and the mods for the Baron, but are better than default, but still not bright enough for my old eyes..........double thanks

the taxi and landing lights' ability to illuminate the ground is coded into the aircraft model, so I know of no way to change that.  As for panel gauges, I know what you mean.  The audio selector panel, DME, and the digital fuel flow/totalizer gauge lack proper back lighting.  Carenado dropped the ball here.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I just made the changes to the sound files and cfg. file, but I must have made some mistakes, as I now have no engine sounds or panel sounds........will have to retrace all the steps laater today.........not sure if I got the sound cfg. set up proper so that must be the error?........will let you know if I need some advice, thanks, againe  B42L8

My error..........when copying the cfg. I misssed the heading [ENGINE]. , then replaced that and got all the neat sounds, works like a charm!!........really makes the Carenado Baron a super neat plane for short hops............Many thanks................B42L8

Your welcome! It was fun to do, and thanks again!

I guess I outta upload a 2.0 to include the changes... it would be allot easier for everyone.

/action: down to the lab....

On a sound side note; Daniel G. did a nice job simplifying the DSD sound gauge... which adds some switch click sounds and what nots.. Look for "COCKPIT SOUNDS V2" in the lib.

I use it in my Gen AC, including the Barons, and it adds a nice touch similar to RealAir Duke and Legacy.

OK, I was all set to install the V2 SOUNDS, but in reading the instructions, it says to install the Doug Dawson sound guage first, and reading that was way too much for my pay grade..........guess I will have to stay with the default and the sound fixes you had in your package, maybe someone will eventually come up with a Baron specific switch guage fix for us rework imparred simmers...............regards, B42L8.........PS, I looked aroung to see if the Carenado 337 hit the Black Friday list, but no luck, UGH!

I'll see about working a click sound gauge for the baron, but that would be later on... Xmas, work, and life ya know!

No hurry...I am just enjoying the TC as it is.............(just did IFR from KFCM to KEAU, nasty weather up there.............I hanger in Tucson, where a bad day is when it goes down to 70 deg, kinda)....had to use the close up to see the guages, but that worked fine......got screwed up when the approach wa a "backcourse 04"......IFR kept heading me away from the runway???..........guess I missed that lesson.............B42L8

I just stumbled on to this mod, this is the version of the baron that I was hoping Carenado was going to release. Once I found this I had to buy the Barron. Thanks to Hawk for all the work great job and Carenado for allowing you to release it for all of us.

Thanks AK, my pleasure... and a big thanks to Carenado for trusting me with the project.

It's an old thread to revive, but certainly deserving of an update!

In my virtual world I rented a clapped-out PA-31 to fly the family (and dogs) down to Klamath, CA,  where the experts at "KDSL" have prepared my newly restored Baron B58 TC. Lovely aircraft, full of potential, and we took off. Unfortunately, an improper full update caused us to stop short of our destination (KRHV) and we had to overnight at KRDD, where the boys at KDSL met us next morning to install updates. Took off this evening but again beset by bugaboos had to return because of a malfunctioning manifold pressure gauge. New kit, what can you say?

Since I have Comcast, and FTP is nigh on impossible, I will await to download the gauge updates tomorrow. 

However, the combination of the flight CFG updates from Bart S (Bartbear) at http://www.avsim.com/topic/395482-alternative-flight-tuning-for-the-beech-58/ and the updates from Henry make this my go-to twin! 

Well, at least until Rob and Sean release the updated Duke B60 for P3DV2... 

Thanks for the mods, Henry - really nicely done! 

Note: all mods apply to Carenado B58.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Are there any repaints for the B58TC or can we use any that are designed for the base Carenado B58?

Thanks.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"