Sign in to follow this  
JMNC

Company and ATC pages on eicas

Will pmdg simulate company and atc pages on eicas?

João Marcelo

Unfortunately not dude - but it will have all the normal & non-normal checklists. 

Checklists for a truly paperless (or window switching-less) cockpit will be nice.  

What about that sweet crew alerting FMC down on the lower pedestal?  Can we ding each section?  I love the pax stuff on these big birds.  

What about that sweet crew alerting FMC down on the lower pedestal?  Can we ding each section?  I love the pax stuff on these big birds.  

Look at the latest screenshots - it's on the lower CDU. Whether you'll hear all those dings - I doubt it, since you can't hear the majority if any in the real flight deck. There isn't actually an FMC in that one - so I'll be using it for setting the fuel/payload, doors & ground connections. 

Look at the latest screenshots - it's on the lower CDU. Whether you'll hear all those dings - I doubt it, since you can't hear the majority if any in the real flight deck. There isn't actually an FMC in that one - so I'll be using it for setting the fuel/payload, doors & ground connections. 

No no no I DID see the shots and that's why I'm wondering.  It looks like a page is dedicated to crew alerts so I wonder if anything is simulated or anything.  I think it was answered somewhere but I forget where.  

What about that sweet crew alerting FMC down on the lower pedestal?

If you're talking about the system that sounds the Master Warning if the crew doesn't press a button for a specific amount of time, I hope there's an option to disable that. I'm not going to be able to be at my computer for 14+ hours to press a button every few minutes.

There isn't actually an FMC in that one - so I'll be using it for setting the fuel/payload, doors & ground connections.

That's what I do with the center CDU in the MD-11.

It looks like a page is dedicated to crew alerts so I wonder if anything is simulated or anything.

I think I remember Robert or Ryan saying that they won't include the PA/interphone pages.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think I remember Robert or Ryan saying that they won't include the PA/interphone pages.

Hmm I wonder why they have a screenshot of the lower FMC with that page displayed.  I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

Gents-

I don't think Robert or Ryan said that...  At least not recently since we've been playing around with the cabin call pages for a few months internally...

Alex and I spent some time discussing company messaging, ACARS and OOOI handling this morning.  These items won't make the RMT release- but will appear in an update.

They aren't hard- but they require some functionality under the hood that we didn't plan ahead for- so it needs to be added.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Alex and I spent some time discussing company messaging, ACARS and OOOI handling this morning.  These items won't make the RMT release- but will appear in an update.

They aren't hard- but they require some functionality under the hood that we didn't plan ahead for- so it needs to be added.

Oh my - get in!! That's exceptional news, Rob!  :wub:  ^_^

...OOOI handling...

*Silly question alert*

What is OOOI?

The times recorded for Out, Off, On, In. That is the times of the flight.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I don't think Robert or Ryan said that...  At least not recently since we've been playing around with the cabin call pages for a few months internally...

This is awesome.  One part of a sim that is usually missing is the stuff you wouldn't really need in the virtual world ie: cabin calls OOOI tracking.  

OOOI handling?

All I can remember about figuring out OOOI handling was asking pilots to hit the triggers (I think the RJ was door closed, beacon on, park off) to help avoid a ramp delay...

It would be nice to have this back.  It was a cool feature in the 744.

Kyle Rodgers

That is great news. Will people be able to wire it to the network ACARS systems - such as Hoppie network or maybe Vatsim CPDLC? (Provided you will also account for CPDLC.)

I have started working on a standalone in-sim gauge inspired by Collins DLC-800 IDU, with aim, eventually, to integrate as deep as possible into top-class addons. I am very glad to hear that developers are discussing these things internally, this would be a great thing to have built in.