Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

How to search a flight by aircraft/routes?

Hi guys, do you know if is there a site that let you filter flights by aircraft type or routes? I try to explaine me better:

Suppose I want to fly with B738 from LIRF to other destinations to choose from, is there something? Or if I want to view which aircrafts operates LIPZ-LIRF route fro example?

I know flightaware and flightradar24 but if I well remember you can't do this type of search and the sites show online flights only, correct?

Thanks for your help.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I don't know of a way of doing that directly, but a couple of things I've done are:

1) Go to real world data and find out which airlines fly in & out of the airport in question. Either you'll know or can find out which of the short-haul operators listed have the B738 in their fleet.

I can see Aeroflot, Air Berlin, Jet2, KLM, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Scandinavian, SmartWings, Tarom, Transavia and Turkish Airlines (probably) operating B738's into LIRF. Please address any complaints to Wikipedia,

2) Better probably is to go to airliners dot net and search for pictures of the aeroplane you want at the airport you want over recent months. This comes with a health warning as once you start looking at aeroplane pictures, you may not be able to stop.

In either case, the airport or the airline website will then show you the other end of the routes.

ngxu_banner.png

This comes with a health warning as once you start looking at aeroplane pictures, you may not be able to stop.

:lol:  Ain't that the truth.... Stay clear of airliners dot net, you'll get nothing done.

Have you completely explored Flightaware to sort by type?  And to give you more history I'd suggest you create a free account and sign in.

You want to fly a B738 from LIRF to some destination

1.  Go to flightware and on the left pane under "Airport Tracker/Info" type LIRF and then "View Activity".

2.  On the "Departures (More)" title click on "(More)"

3.  Now click on the word "Type".  "Departed" is the default where you see the orange arrow.

4.  After clicking on the word "Type" the orange arrow will appear next to the word "Type".

5.  Click on the orange arrow to arrange by ascending order.

Here is the link for the five steps we just did for LIRF and the steps in a photo.

Now to save time...  Save that URL for next time and manipulate the URL address to search for different airports by changing the ICAO in the URL.

6.  To find the B738 quicker note the URL

//flightaware.com/live/airport/LIRF/departures?;offset=0;order=aircrafttype;sort=ASC-

See the "Offset=0"?  Change it to Offset=1240 to look like this:

//flightaware.com/live/airport/LIRF/departures?;offset=1240;order=aircrafttype;sort=ASC-

This will get you to your desired type quicker instead of pressing "Next 40" hundreds of times.

Have you tried the route search using flightware?

http://flightaware.com/live/findflight/LIPZ/LIRF/

RJ

:lol: Ain't that the truth.... Stay clear of airliners dot net, you'll get nothing done.

Have you completely explored Flightaware to sort by type? And to give you more history I'd suggest you create a free account and sign in.

You want to fly a B738 from LIRF to some destination

1. Go to flightware and on the left pane under "Airport Tracker/Info" type LIRF and then "View Activity".

2. On the "Departures (More)" title click on "(More)"

3. Now click on the word "Type". "Departed" is the default where you see the orange arrow.

4. After clicking on the word "Type" the orange arrow will appear next to the word "Type".

5. Click on the orange arrow to arrange by ascending order.

Here is the link for the five steps we just did for LIRF and the steps in a photo.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif SortByType.jpg

Now to save time... Save that URL for next time and manipulate the URL address to search for different airports by changing the ICAO in the URL.

6. To find the B738 quicker note the URL

//flightaware.com/live/airport/LIRF/departures?;offset=0;order=aircrafttype;sort=ASC-

See the "Offset=0"? Change it to Offset=1240 to look like this:

//flightaware.com/live/airport/LIRF/departures?;offset=1240;order=aircrafttype;sort=ASC-

This will get you to your desired type quicker instead of pressing "Next 40" hundreds of times.

Have you tried the route search using flightware?

http://flightaware.com/live/findflight/LIPZ/LIRF/

RJ

Hey RJ,

thank you very much!!! This is what i was looking for.

Many many many and many more thank you, sincerely!

Riccardo

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270