Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

How many of you are already creating for the WED contest?

I have the same problem as John when expoerting to Global scenery. Some message I can't remember.

I've only used obj's inside the lib folder.

Anyway, I've completed EGBO-Wolverhampton UK and would like to upload and share.

Do I just zip it and send it to Robin?

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Example:   

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeds 1600W and 400KB weight limits

John Wingold

Hi John,

The probable reason for that error on the screen shot is that some item you put in is above the airport name in the hierarchy panel.

The upper right panel (hierarchy ), take a look below where you have put Exclusion Zone,  Taxi Edge.ob, (and anything else) and find where it says Lundenberg.

All these items, (Exclusion Zone, Taxi Edge.obj) must be below Lunenberg.

So just mouse click/hold on say Exclusion Zone and drag it below "Lunenberg." You can also use the Ctrl Click and select multiple items and drag all at once.

I make that mistake a few times a day!  I can't tell for sure if that is the problem, because we cannot see the word Lunenberg on the screen shot hierarchy panel.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Hi Stuart,

I would suggest noting what error your getting and let the folks on here know and hopefully someone will have a answer.

As far sending goes, I just Validate the file (File, Validate), then select Export for Global Airports. Give it a name i.e. EGBO.ZIP and save it to place where your items sent to Robin might stay for future use.  Get Robins e-mail and send it off.

I usually look at the actual airport in Google earth, run Xplane (after Save, and Export Scenry Pack) and to make sure its a correct as I can get it.

The way I read Ben's WED instructions is that WED should create a ZIP file but that does not seem to happen here so I just use the .zip on the file and it seems to work, I am a bit confused on that one.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

John,

Chuck has it exactly right... make sure all the airport elements are "under" the airport in the hierarchy window...

World\

--Airport Name\

--all the items for your airport

You have....

World\

--items causing your error

--Airport Name\

--more elements

Cheers!

-Greg

Thanks guys.  I have been out of town and will try your suggestions tonight or tomorrow.  I really hadn't noticed how the items stacked up - figuring that they would stay below the airport name.

John

John Wingold

Dragging the airport worked..... Getting it accepted didn't......

I'm having fun anyway and appreciate your efforts.

John

John Wingold

glad you  have made some headway John.  You might want to take a look at the error your getting when you submit, its probably rejecting one of your objects (.obj) , just delete that object from the Hierarchy panel and try again.....Object in error highlighted in panel and then select Edit, Clear, from the drop down menu.

Also, Robin now has a new e-mail address for submission....see:  http://data.x-plane.com/contact.html

Chuck