Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Best FS9 Virtual cockpit

Saw this for FSX and thought what's the best one for FS9. I'd have to say the QualityWings 'BAE Avro RJ' only because it's the only aircraft in FS9 where you can see shadows the aircraft is making on the ground from within the VC. Another thing once only thought possible in FSX.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Interesting question - tough call to make. It's hard to disagree about the 146 but the upgraded VC for the iFly 737 would also be a candidate. Among freeware, and very close to the absolute top, I'd put the Section8 F86 and Isra Mirage III.

For me the mark of great cockpit design is when you can go from VC to 2D and there's no significant difference in the panel. That is especially true with the F86....

Cheers

Ian

If we are strickly speaking about the visuals yes the QW bird is hard to beat...except for the VC gauge refresh rate (to me that's part of the visuals).  However for me the "VC experience" also includes system simulation.  If a bunch of switches are just eye candies I'm not going to have a great time in that VC ^_^

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I agree Jason. Score another one for the F86 and Mirage - everything functions and no discernible performance hit or slow gauge refresh rate...

In my hangar the winner of overall best VC experience is, without any doubt, the Queen.

Jason

All worthy birds however the AirSimmer just shades them in my opinion. 

The Leonardo Maddog has recently been upgraded and may well be a candidate (my example keeps crashing on selection and I have yet to investigate ... too lazy.)  Anyone prepared to comment?

The Leonardo Maddog has recently been upgraded and may well be a candidate?

The only "recent" maddog update I'm aware of is a minor one, which does not address anything visual at all?

Jason

I'll also go with the freeware Section F8 F-86 Sabre. The VC (as well as the rest of the aircraft) is definitely the one that most makes me think I am in a real aircraft instead of a simulated one!

... it's the only aircraft in FS9 where you can see shadows the aircraft is making on the ground from within the VC.

Really?  That's you're top priority for best virtual cockpit?  Very insightful, indeed.

Really?  That's you're top priority for best virtual cockpit?  Very insightful, indeed.

Thank you. Now tell me what other VC in FS9 has this feature. Many equally look good but give me some unique feature only thought possible in FSX. This thread was only about visuals not functionality in case you missed that part.

FS2020 

This thread was only about visuals not functionality in case you missed that part.

Are you sure about that?  I don't see it mentioned in the topic title below: Best FS9 Virtual cockpit

Also, I see that others who have responded have mentioned functions in their assessment.  But I see your point, who needs to include functionality in their assessment of "best FS9 virtual cockpit" when you can see your shadow out the window.

As to how many other VCs giving you the ability to see your aircraft shadow out the window ..... none .... I wonder why?

Hey now, it's perfectly OK for you to choose this feature as your primary criteria for choosing this as the "best FS9 virtual cockpit".

Very insightful.  Very insightful, indeed

He's gone

:lol:    Anyone care to talk 2D panels?

Only shadow I see is when the wife walks up behind me and says,,, you playing pretend pilot again..  :blink:

RJ

Are you sure about that? I don't see it mentioned in the topic title below: Best FS9 Virtual cockpit

Also, I see that others who have responded have mentioned functions in their assessment. But I see your point, who needs to include functionality in their assessment of "best FS9 virtual cockpit" when you can see your shadow out the window.

As to how many other VCs giving you the ability to see your aircraft shadow out the window ..... none .... I wonder why?

Hey now, it's perfectly OK for you to choose this feature as your primary criteria for choosing this as the "best FS9 virtual cockpit".

Very insightful. Very insightful, indeed

He's gone

Maybe I wasn't clear but for the sake of this thread staying on topic let's advance the discussion to all around functionality and visuals. Now I'd have to say the PMDG MD-11 is right at the top next comes the iFly 737 then the PMDG 744. I was only talking visuals because the list would be too long for all around features. When you get into GA there's Dreamfleet, Aeroworx, and the list goes on from there.

3Green, on 11 Jul 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

:lol: Anyone care to talk 2D panels?

Only shadow I see is when the wife walks up behind me and says,,, you playing pretend pilot again.. :blink:

RJ

I'm in the same boat...

FS2020