Sign in to follow this  
sjed

Is Flight Marketplace still working?

I had to reinstall Flight and when the Flight Marketplace starts downloading content, the spinner has been spinning about an hour with no error messages. My previously purchased DLC was Hawaii. This seems kind of long for the download. Is everything up and working  since Flight was closed down?

SJED

It has been working. I haven't heard of any problems with it as far as DLC. Maybe give it a while and if there's a glitch in the system, it will clear up.

If not, you might want to file a support ticket with GFWL.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Okay, as long as I know it's normally working. Thanks

SJED

Okay, I finally got it to work. I guess it was just down for a while. Now I have another question.  I just purchased "Alaskan Wilderness" from Steam but don't know how to get the file into FLIGHT. Anyone know how to it works?

SJED

Okay, I finally got it to work. I guess it was just down for a while. Now I have another question.  I just purchased "Alaskan Wilderness" from Steam but don't know how to get the file into FLIGHT. Anyone know how to it works?

You need to start downloading Flight on Steam to be able to get the DLC key to enter in GFWL. When you start downloading Flight in the Steam Library, you can click on "CD Key" on the right side of the screen. This will give you the code for the addon which you can redeem ingame in the GFWL overlay. When you've done that you can abort the Steam download.

Getting Alaskan Wilderness through Steam is really proving to be a complicated issue. I've downloaded Alaskan Wilderness but when I go to FLIGHT and try to go to Alaska, it says I need about 6 other files for Alaska scenery to work.  When I try to download those particular files GFWL won't launch and sends me to another signin to troubleshoot. Then it takes me to a page with Hawaii and Alaskan Wilderness but none of the 6 other files. I've got a support ticket with Steam and waiting for them to answer but is this normal for Alaska to require all these additional files to be able to work.   Way tooooooo complicated. I just wanted to buy Alaskan Wilderness and fly.

SJED

Yes you Do need those files I had the same thing happen - bought Alaska addon then had to wait 2 days (slow isp) for the 7 total downloads to see it.
you can just start Flight and it will dl them without getting them from steam, but you will need them before it will let you fly Alaska sry.