Sign in to follow this  
sac601

PMDG 777 Throttle 2D view

Good day! I think if will not 2D panel, it will still be sold after some time on the simmarket as additional add-on)

Chvelev Sergey

Yeah, what he said ^

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I won the battle of psychics  :rolleyes:

Сергей Chvelev

Why do you need 2D? Are you running FSX on a potato?

Even though this is indeed the 100th debate on 2d vs 3d panels, may as well show my support for 2d panels (since I'm the minority).

FSX never ran well on my machine, I'm still primarily an FS9 user (looks just about as good as FSX on my machine, runs a lot better, and far too many addons that never supported FSX that I still adore). So, I feel for the people who support 2d panels still, for performance reasons. I sometimes fly the NGX in the 2d panel myself. However, in addition to machine performance, I simply find panning around and twisting my head to read labels and switches on a flat computer monitor to be very awkward. I'm absolutely still a fan of 2d panels. I'd sacrifice performance-hitting visuals of a VC for quality system depictions on a 2d panel any day.

I suppose I'll step out of the way of the flying tomato now.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Добрый день! Мне кажется если не будет 2D панели, она все равно будет продаваться через некоторое время на simmarket как дополнительный аддон)

Chvelev Sergey

Can you speak english so we all know what you're saying?

Sorry! I will write through a translator.

Sergey Chvelev

Even though this is indeed the 100th debate on 2d vs 3d panels, may as well show my support for 2d panels (since I'm the minority).

FSX never ran well on my machine, I'm still primarily an FS9 user (looks just about as good as FSX on my machine, runs a lot better, and far too many addons that never supported FSX that I still adore). So, I feel for the people who support 2d panels still, for performance reasons. I sometimes fly the NGX in the 2d panel myself. However, in addition to machine performance, I simply find panning around and twisting my head to read labels and switches on a flat computer monitor to be very awkward. I'm absolutely still a fan of 2d panels. I'd sacrifice performance-hitting visuals of a VC for quality system depictions on a 2d panel any day.

I suppose I'll step out of the way of the flying tomato now.

I was just trying to be funny with the potato thing, but I understand why some like 2D.  However, is the 3D not always running in the background anyhow?  I've never flown a flight post FS9 outside of the VC so I don't know if it actually hits the frames hard.  I also have a good machine.  

Sometimes I pop open the overhead on the NGX for a quick look, but I'm so familiar with it now I never need to use 2D.  

To those who can't stand the fact this is the 100th post on the topic, then just don't comment.  Hey, we are all getting a little bit bored with waiting for the product, and to be honest the forum is a little boring itself.  

I never clicked in to a thread about 2D before so I was engaged in this one.  I'm sure the OP also never clicked in to one, hence the new topic on the old topic.  Either that or he is a troll haha.  Who cares really?  

This plane looks so good and is needed badly in our hobby that I wouldn't care if it didn't come with a VC and only had 2D.  

:t0152: How many times are we gonna go there??

I guess as many as it takes until the whole entire population of our world learns that we're not getting a 2D panel.  What's the problem with that?  

There is nothing wrong in 3D panel, but some do not know how to use it! For convenience, you Ezdok camera + need a good system for a good FPS.

Sergey Chvelev

There is nothing wrong in 3D panel, but some do not know how to use it! For convenience, you Ezdok camera + need a good system for a good FPS.

Sergey Chvelev

Boggles the mind because the 3D is exactly the same as the 2D just from a perspective view.  

Boggles the mind because the 3D is exactly the same as the 2D just from a perspective view.  

That may be the case but VC's also offer more immersion and they are even starting to look better than 2D's graphically speaking. Besides there is nothing like panning slowly across the cockpit windows and enjoying the view during cruise, something you can't do in a 2D panel.

That may be the case but VC's also offer more immersion and they are even starting to look better than 2D's graphically speaking. Besides there is nothing like panning slowly across the cockpit windows and enjoying the view during cruise, something you can't do in a 2D panel.

Yep for sure, which leaves me to believe it has to do with frames.  Like I asked before, wouldn't the VC always running in the background cause fps drop even in 2D anyway?  I know nothing about the framework of how the 3D cockpit works vs the 2D.