Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

FTX Global very soon

I was about to swith from P3D to XPX but I might wait and try this out. I hope Global brings some FPS improvements...

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that you won't see a FPS improvement on a straight slider-to-slider comparison.  Their autogen looks extremely dense on higher settings.  However, you might be able to turn down the autogen slider quite a bit and get decent performance with what might still look better than default.

Although, from what I understand, you will get a FPS improvement if you currently use any sort of night lighting - their new night lighting isn't supposed to have any FPS impact.

Those screenshots almost look too good to be just straight FTX Global.... If they are, kudos to them.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Really want to know what Hawaii and the Asian region will look like.

Several threads of Asian texture previews on their forums.

They are updating SE Asian landclass as well as part of the base package.

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that you won't see a FPS improvement on a straight slider-to-slider comparison.  Their autogen looks extremely dense on higher settings.  However, you might be able to turn down the autogen slider quite a bit and get decent performance with what might still look better than default.

Although, from what I understand, you will get a FPS improvement if you currently use any sort of night lighting - their new night lighting isn't supposed to have any FPS impact.

Those screenshots almost look too good to be just straight FTX Global.... If they are, kudos to them.

That's gonna be a big one.

They've somehow figured out how to implement night lighting with no FPS hit. Goodbye UTX lighting, hello an extra 8-10 frames.

It'll make flying at night not even a thought anymore.

They do their autogen in a more optimized manner than the default though - a lot of times it can end up as less draw calls even if it looks denser visually due to those optimizations.

Very excited to see this product!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Wow this sounds promising. One product that can replace 2-3 packages! This is amazing. I feel FSX is way too bloated, and if we can keep things simple but at the same time improve on the overall sim then that is awesome news.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This month is going to be hard on the wallet... :lol:

On a side note, does anyone know how 'open' their OpenLC is going to be?  It'd be great to work on our own LC mods with the FTX global textures, but if they're selling LC addon's, I don't see them making any of that data public. Would be nice though.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

This month is going to be hard on the wallet... :lol:

On a side note, does anyone know how 'open' their OpenLC is going to be?  It'd be great to work on our own LC mods with the FTX global textures, but if they're selling LC addon's, I don't see them making any of that data public. Would be nice though.

Still not a ton of info on that.

On the forums they made a comment that made it seem as if they'd have the world done in a year or so, depending on how well their processes continue to work.

Explain to me how this is going to be installed....with respect to space left on the hard drive.   If we want Global, will we have detailed instructions here or somewhere as to how to properly DELETE the scenery that we already have that we wish to replace?  I'm concerned about this.   FSX is running so well for me, that I don't want error messages when loading FSX that relate to my Scenery Library.  IS there a plan?  I have about 150 gigs left on C  with most of the space being taken by FSX and related files.

Stan

Seems like I will first do full uninstalls of GEX and Ultimate Terrain first to free up any HD space with a followup defragmentation before installing FTX Global.

Can't wait.

Regards

jja 

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

This is great news. I've been looking forward to this release since the day it was announced!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm looking forward to this, too, but would sure like to see more screenshots of the southwestern and eastern United States, as well as the Great Plains.  The screenshots ORBX has shown thus far all look really good, but I'm not going to get too excited until I see more.

Also want to see non-urban screenshots of Africa, India, Central America and the tropics, and South America.

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Seems like I will first do full uninstalls of GEX and Ultimate Terrain first to free up any HD space with a followup defragmentation before installing FTX Global.

Can't wait.

Regards

That's a great start.  Looking forward to hearing more ideas about what should be deleted.

Stan

Explain to me how this is going to be installed....with respect to space left on the hard drive.   If we want Global, will we have detailed instructions here or somewhere as to how to properly DELETE the scenery that we already have that we wish to replace?  I'm concerned about this.   FSX is running so well for me, that I don't want error messages when loading FSX that relate to my Scenery Library.  IS there a plan?  I have about 150 gigs left on C  with most of the space being taken by FSX and related files.

Stan

Make a acronis image of your system before installing the new scenery. That way if anything is not to your liking you can revert back.

Kacper Nowotynski

An uninstall of GEX I can see. An uninstall of Ultimate Terrain would only make sense if you no longer plan to fly in the area covered by it, as FS Global offers virtually none of the enhancements you would find in Ultimate Terrain.