Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Carenado C340 for X-Plane Released

That is beautiful. Might have to buy. No problems with lua crashes in 64 bit?

No,No problems :smile:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

No,No problems :smile:

Thanks, actually I'd already picked it up as it looked so tempting. And very pleased I did! Excellent plane, looks simply gorgeous.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

It indeed looks good but I wish they would patch their Baron and others to V2 (64bit) standard before releasing more offerings. It's probably a totally different set of employees or section within Carenado but I'd like to use what I already have just the same...

This... Still waiting for my A36 to work

It was my first payware for XP and I've been unable to fly it in x64 since argh!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My only complaint is that all 3 tires are flat when on the tarmac.  Can't find the air pump!  Doesn't seem to affect the roll though...

John Wingold

I have two other questions regarding (apparently) all Carenado aircraft.

1. Is is possible to "lock" the camera views?  They go to that view and snap right back to the pilot's seat position.  Not much use when trying to set radios, etc.

2. Why are toe brakes not animated?

John

John Wingold

Hi,

Issue 1 doesn't happen to me. When I press a key on the numpad the view switches to the predefined camera view and it stays on that view as expected. Same thing on external views.

I have two other questions regarding (apparently) all Carenado aircraft.

1. Is is possible to "lock" the camera views?  They go to that view and snap right back to the pilot's seat position.  Not much use when trying to set radios, etc.

2. Why are toe brakes not animated?

John

OK - I must have missed something in the instructions... Are they all assigned to the numpad?  I have been using the selections that pop up from the menu on the left side of the screen.  It opens doors, etc. and they stay open, but camera views don't stay but a second or two.  I'll try numpad when I get it fired back up.

Thanks,

John

John Wingold

Problem = TrackIR disables that function.

Thanks for your help.

John

John Wingold

Great video of a great work of art.  Thanks to all involved in it's creation!  I am thoroughly enjoying it! 

John

John Wingold

This... Still waiting for my A36 to work

It was my first payware for XP and I've been unable to fly it in x64 since argh!

Here's the trick; "copy the 64 bit SASL folder from any of their V2 aircraft to your A36 and WALLA". Should cure your woes, has mine..   

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

If that is really all that's left to do, then I am going to get really mad at Carenado for still be waiting all this long for my Seneca and Baron 58 !!!    :mad:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If that is really all that's left to do, then I am going to get really mad at Carenado for still be waiting all this long for my Seneca and Baron 58 !!!    :mad:

Well, not quite. This is only a quick fix, there are still some issues and problems that have to be fixed, but as a hotfix  that allows the users to use the plane as good as possible till the real fix is available, it works.If it works it is fine, if it doesn't wait for the real fix but do not report a bug!

It's not that simple for the Seneca and Baron jcomm.

The A36 is already optimized for XP10 but still has the SASL v1.0 so the v2.0/1 SASL folder will be a quick fix for this. The Seneca and Baron are still for XP9.7 and although they work in XP10 they haven't been optimized to take advantage of the features in XP10. This link explains all http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=68492&page=1

Dan has said now the C340 is released, the upgrades will continue for the other aircraft once again. I believe the Seneca will be next.

Ah, thx Simon!

Good news then :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...