Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Early morning KDFW arrival

Looks great. Ready to go.

Could you just add it to the "Products" tab on the PDMG web site.

Great, thanks. :Nerd:

Looks great. Ready to go.

Could you just add it to the "Products" tab on the PDMG web site.

Great, thanks. :Nerd:

Or.. PMDG

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Brilliant shots Ryan.Especially the first one on approach. B)

In order to trully test this 777, get some Weather Engine to inject a 60knots in a 180 direction from what was previously, like FSX loves to do! That will make VNAV go nuts, but it should be able to deal with it, since it will happen many time to the people flying it in the future!

There is nothing we can do to "deal with" severe unrealistic weather things like this. The autopilot code works exactly like the real one does, it responds to forces on the airplane - there isn't some special mode that can recover from crazy windshear and huge G forces on the airplane. Real airplanes crash because of that stuff. Plenty of people fly our current products long haul and have figured out how to use the weather engines and FSUIPC effectively to stop the windshift stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I know, but FSX isn't reality, and it happens a lot! That's why I never fly with crash enabled.  Sometimes there's even a tree on short final that shouldn't have been there that could ruin your entire flight!!

Each choose what they think is most realistic for weather, sure. For me OpusFSX is the best option, even if wind shift might occur due to faulty FSX Code.

Have a look at Delta Airlines Flight 191 incident. There's a wiki and an Air Crash Investigations/Mayday episode about it.

PMDG are creating a realistic aircraft. Real actual aircraft respond a certain way to sudden changes in wind direction as you can see from the fatal DAL191 crash.

PMDG aircraft are likely to respond in a similar manner to such large changes in wind speed/direction.

Just landed after a very successful early morning test flight from my home airport KPHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor, Arizona to KDFW - Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.

(FSDT scenery, REX Essential+ OD sky)

Choose your words carefully Ryan... 

2044846_zps16520209.jpg

On another note.. Nice screenshots and good job!

Kacper Nowotynski

There is nothing we can do to "deal with" severe unrealistic weather things like this. The autopilot code works exactly like the real one does, it responds to forces on the airplane - there isn't some special mode that can recover from crazy windshear and huge G forces on the airplane. Real airplanes crash because of that stuff. Plenty of people fly our current products long haul and have figured out how to use the weather engines and FSUIPC effectively to stop the windshift stuff.

Since I got AS2012 and set it up as per their instructions I have NEVER NEVER seen a windshift ever again, Its all smooth sailing (unless there's turbulencia)

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I remember once I messed up my AS2012 settings COMPLETELY and got thrown around like headless chicken!! Ending up diverting - could not do that for 1000nm+.

I remember once I messed up my AS2012 settings COMPLETELY and got thrown around like headless chicken!! Ending up diverting - could not do that for 1000nm+.

I just hit the ESC key :lol:

Chris Sunseri

I just hit the ESC key :lol:

I just couldn't justify throwing away the whole preflight > cruise time ha.

Since I got AS2012 and set it up as per their instructions I have NEVER NEVER seen a windshift ever again, Its all smooth sailing (unless there's turbulencia)

Yep - this is my recommendation for long haul stuff where weather stability is paramount too.

I really do like the Opus weather engine's graphical depictions of cloud formations and visibility and that stuff - I think it's the best that's been done so far. The fact though is that any weather engine using station based weather is going to run into this FSX bugs with wind shifts, crazy high temperatures at high flight levels etc. I spent quite a while looking at this with Stephen and Cheryl a few months ago after users started reporting that the NGX was unable to climb and things like that - they convinced me that the problem is bugs in FSX itself and not Opus itself. (AS2012, REX, FS Global etc will all exhibit these problems in station mode too)

I personally hope they can offer a global writes mode at some point (which would be similar to AS2012's DWM mode) that can serve users who need maximum stability for long haul. I totally understand why they like the station based mode - it produces some insanely cool visuals where you can see fronts coming and stuff like that, but they have to realize too that the global mode solves these very big issues with wind/temp/pressure for long haul fliers and should be an option users can choose from. It's always going to be a tradeoff - super good visuals vs. a stable weather environment.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's true. Those guys from the Opus team are awesome! I love their product, but unfortunately it's not flawless, not until they manage to get their hands on the code of the next FS.

It's nice to see the B777 AP is designed to handle like the real plane, we wouldn't expect otherwise from PMDG. I guess the best solution would be a hybrid approach, where we used the Station based weather for departure and arrival, and Global Injection for the cruise. This would allow people to go away from their PCs and never worry about having a bad surprise when they get back, and still enable them to experience all the nice stuff that only station based weather can give you, like observing a frontal system more than 150nm from your position, approaching your destination.

Good luck with testing! Hope all goes smooth so that we can fly it soon.

Alexis Mefano

I think you can change the wx engine's mode during your flight. Maybe you need to restart your wx addon - you don't need to restart FSX, do you?

(Wouldn't hurt too much, either, with PMDG's automated complete panel state saving.)

nice.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART