Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Early morning KDFW arrival

I am tempted to ask if this is the delivery flight, but I will restrain myself :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

"The eagle has landed".

Beautiful shots!

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

In order to trully test this 777, get some Weather Engine to inject a 60knots in a 180 direction from what was previously, like FSX loves to do! That will make VNAV go nuts, but it should be able to deal with it, since it will happen many time to the people flying it in the future!

Alexis Mefano

In order to trully test this 777, get some Weather Engine to inject a 60knots in a 180 direction from what was previously, like FSX loves to do! That will make VNAV go nuts, but it should be able to deal with it, since it will happen many time to the people flying it in the future!

Boy, that's why these weather addons have an option for DWC (Direct Wind Control) - and you would not test the VNAV that way but "just" the A/T!

I'm pretty sure after testing adherence to speed/altitude constraints and VNAV PATH calculations there will be more ongoing tests on the 777 systems ...

Boy, that's why these weather addons have an option for DWC (Direct Wind Control) - and you would not test the VNAV that way but "just" the A/T!

I'm pretty sure after testing adherence to speed/altitude constraints there will be more ongoing tests on the 777 systems ...

I've been an OpusFSX user for some time, and those guys have convinced me that truly realistic weather in FSX is only possible without Static Data Injection. I Would not accept anymore not being able to see the bad weather 100 miles from my position, like only the Dynamic weather can do for you. Of course, when it's not well done, will introduce wind shift into your FSX. Opus have being tweaking this for ages, it's really good now.

Yeah. VNAV maybe won't have much to do with it, but nevertheless, the plane ifself should be able to deal with it. People will leave the 777 flying over the ocean for 8 hours, and a single wind shift could make things go sour when they're not looking at the computer screen.

I'm sure PMDG will test this, they've being doing this for a long time. Love the Shots!

Alexis Mefano

There's no superior mode for weather addons; pros and cons for each mode must be considered and decided upon.

And a 2x 60 kts = 120 kts wind shift cannot be handled by any RW aircraft at CRZ ALT as the over-/stall speed margin is just so small. ("coffin corner")

I would love to get proved wrong, though ...

I know, but FSX isn't reality, and it happens a lot! That's why I never fly with crash enabled.  Sometimes there's even a tree on short final that shouldn't have been there that could ruin your entire flight!!

Each choose what they think is most realistic for weather, sure. For me OpusFSX is the best option, even if wind shift might occur due to faulty FSX Code.

Alexis Mefano

See that this  is becoming  a opus  thread  again,  if  you want  to plug  opus open you own thread

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg!!! Stop showing us leg!!! :lol:

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg