Sign in to follow this  
F50ACE

MS Flight: Alaska Airport Hops! 4th Leg! (Sunday July 14th @ 8pm ET)

Hey Everyone!

We are continuing our Alaska airport hops! We'll hop to each land airport in Alaska! We'll start off at Homer(PAHO). War-birds are recommended for fastest flight.
Time: Sunday 8pm EDT UTC-4
Where: Alaska
Teamspeak: msflights.jmainguy.com(not a link, but server address!) and go to MS Flight Lobby
Plane: War-Birds/RV6/CUBS

4th leg

http://skyvector.com/?ll=60.52323877482659,-150.3956909191019&chart=301&zoom=6&plan=A.PA.PAHO:A.PA.AK00:A.PA.NIN:A.PA.5KS:A.PA.30AK:A.PA.PAEN:A.PA.75AK:A.PA.3AK4:A.PA.8AK2:A.PA.AK73:A.PA.6AK3:A.PA.03AK:A.PA.7AK3:A.PA.PASX:A.PA.7AK6:A.PA.7AK5:A.PA.70AK:A.PA.53AK:A.PA.88AK:A.PA.40AK:A.PA.AK84:A.PA.AK55:A.PA.1AK4:A.PA.AK01:A.PA.AK05:A.PA.AK39:A.PA.6AK5:A.PA.AK12:A.PA.9AK5:A.PA.CSR:A.PA.Z41:A.PA.PANC:A.PA.PAMR:A.PA.PAFR:A.PA.AA06:A.PA.PAED

I might try this sunday with you folks. I have not tried online flight yet. I don't use skyvector but will look into it. I do use GMap and GMap viewer. I tried to join msflights web site a while back but the site rejected me because it thought I was a spamer? Got some email traffic going back and forth to resolve this but never did succeed. Could I at least join in of this flight with you guys though I couldn't join msflights?

Thanks

Moe

Sure, you can join. You don't have to sign up to the website. If you have teamspeak, you can join by putting in the server address above in the connect window. Also, before the flight starts, we can try working out that issue.

My gamertag is Ffarl50ace, and I'm known as F50ACE in Teamspeak.

Thanks. I Used team speak years ago. I will set it up again and go pick up a head set.

Moe

Just go done installing TS. It all came back to me fast. Can't find a single place to talk MS Flight or the channel you mentioned though.

Moe

Same here - just installed and bookmarked the server address above - found F50ACE in 'Other Games' near the bottom

Not sure if I'm in it though

My nickname is Sonny

Flight gamertag is Sonny73044

Wow - Had to shut TeamSpeak down to chat here - the characters went haywire  :(

Same here - just installed and bookmarked the server address above - found F50ACE in 'Other Games' near the bottom

Not sure if I'm in it though

Yea, I'm often in there playing world of waplanes.

Just go done installing TS. It all came back to me fast. Can't find a single place to talk MS Flight or the channel you mentioned though.

Moe

Typically, most of the guys in there are on fsx, but this Sunday, I'll be in there.

On msflights.jmainguy.com if you scroll down you should see a channel called Microsoft Flight Lobby. This Sunday just hop in there. If you're still having trouble just come in to the session and we can help you out.

I tried a cockpitless warbird today. Got to say I didn't enjoy that style of flying. Am I FUBAR if I tried using at RV6a instead?

Moe 

Their only redeeming value is that they are fast and look really great from the outside.  But yes, something is diffidently missing with such a lose of visual flight information. it is possible to back up the camera and get a static inside view. But I don't like that option much either. I don't like the situation either but have come to except them out of necessity. Maybe someday we can get cockpits with real instrumentation for these birds.

Steve

I hope to participate in the flight this evening.  I plan to fly the RV-6 because it has good speed and is well suited for the short legs and short fields that are listed in the SkyVector plan.

For Gmap users I uploaded a flight plan to Google Drive. Click on the file, then click on the Download button in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window.

Some of the waypoints are approximate because the coordinates were manually entered using data from AirNav.com.

There always seems to be an airport or two that Skyvector won't pick up or vice versa. We'll start off with warbirds, then go to RV's maybe cubs. Most of the airports listed will be touch and goes.

I had a great time tonight guys. Thanks.

Moe

Glad you enjoyed it. We should be doing these flights every Sunday for the next... oh, 2-3 months  :rolleyes:. ACE has his heart set on ever airport in Alaska, which is a little more than 550 airports. There will however come a time when you will need a warbird as the nearest airport will be well over 20 miles away. Next one should be nice easy cubs for short hops around the Anchorage area. This one could take 2 nights to complete considering the sheer amount of airports and our possible flight lead *cough* ACE *cough*  :P .