Sign in to follow this  
BFarney

Flight1 King Air B200

This <p> nbsbp <p> bkspc stuff happens with me too, especially when I'm editing something I previously posted.  I always copy and paste my post before I hit send, just in case.  Darned computer things!

That's what I'm saying, maybe there's just some config wrong with our hardware.  Most of the guys saying they have an issue is with Saitek pedals.  One guy had the Warthog hotas and pedals.  Only 5 people in my thread had the problem.... no one else has chimed in that they don't have it however (except the few people here).

In my very first post at their site I said it could be my hardware.  No one has offered up any suggestions so I've got no where to begin to try to fix it.  All seems calibrated normally and other planes work fine, especially their Citation Mustang - which coordinates turns perfectly and can fly standard rate turns.  I have very little rudder authority which makes me wonder if it is my setup as well.  You'd think a plane, with a big rudder surface area such as this king air, would be able to have some authority in the air. 

I thought it maybe a gauge issue but I actually timed a turn....  3 minutes instead of 2 (which isn't quite as bad as half std rate like I've said on their forums but it's not close to standard rate either).

If I just bummed around buzzing farms in Orbx Land I probably wouldn't even notice.  But last night on Pilot Edge, the controller asked if I was flying standard rate when he cleared me for ILS.  I answered yes (don't we always lol) but then later checked and I wasn't... I was turning much slower.  The majority of my flying is online so this stuff is important to me.  I hate comparing products but it should be working for $60.  Their own Mustang, $50, works excellent in this matter!  Other competitor king airs work excellent too for 1/3 less cost...

Am I nuts?  Maybe I'm just burnt out of FS....   :unsure:

You could go to the aircraft cfg file, and in the flight tuning section, increase the rudder effectiveness slightly. Just as a test.

I wish I could get this but I already have the Carenado.  Can't justify $60.00 on this...that's almost Concorde X territory on the price point...ouch!  Is it really that great guys?

This <p> nbsbp <p> bkspc stuff happens with me too, especially when I'm editing something I previously posted.  I always copy and paste my post before I hit send, just in case.  Darned computer things!

When this happens, always switch to Advanced Edit mode... Most of the time you'll recover the original text...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I wish I could get this but I already have the Carenado. Can't justify $60.00 on this...that's almost Concorde X territory on the price point...ouch! Is it really that great guys?

Yes. You could give it a go and if you dont like return it.

I have the Carenado KA also, but now it's permanently retired...the Flight1 KA is that much better.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

....... I never said that the Q400 or Twatter weren't good enough for me......

Mmmm, and the 'o' key is nowhere near the 'a' key on my keyboard. :wink:

If you're making otherwise considered, rational points, why go to such a base level as to call a product by a somewhat childlike, derogatory term.

Anyway, I would say, the answer is; you hold off those products if you're unsure - that's the sensible thing to do from your perspective, and the rest of us will just enjoy them within our frame of expectations. :wink:

If you're making otherwise considered, rational points, why go to such a base level as to call a product by a somewhat childlike, derogatory term.

Anyway, I would say, the answer is; you hold off those products if you're unsure - that's the sensible thing to do from your perspective, and the rest of us will just enjoy them within our frame of expectations. :wink:

:lol:

André

Q400_Flyer, on 15 Jul 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Q400_Flyer, on 15 Jul 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Yeah, Ha Ha. Pointing out a spelling mistake in order to call into question my motives here is pretty lame. It is about as valid as if I were to try discrediting everything you've said simply because you've chosen Dexter as your avatar. Get real, and get serious. You have different expectations than I do, and you think I'm a jerk because I'm holding these aircraft to a higher standard than you are..I get that, and it's very easy to see from the sarcastic tone of some that they apparently see that as a personal insult upon their own standards and preferences. But alas, all I have been trying to do is weave my way through the hype and make some smart purchasing decisions, and at the same time trying to convey to development types who might be reading some of the things that I happen to care about in the hopes that they will incorporate fixes or features in future versions.

You could go to the aircraft cfg file, and in the flight tuning section, increase the rudder effectiveness slightly. Just as a test.

Already tried that...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah, Ha Ha. Pointing out a spelling mistake in order to call into question my motives here is pretty lame. It is about as valid as if I were to try discrediting everything you've said simply because you've chosen Dexter as your avatar. Get real, and get serious. You have different expectations than I do, and you think I'm a jerk because I'm holding these aircraft to a higher standard than you are..I get that, and it's very easy to see from the sarcastic tone of some that they apparently see that as a personal insult upon their own standards and preferences.  But alas, all I have been trying to do is weave my way through the hype and make some smart purchasing decisions.

Mmmm, and the 'o' key is nowhere near the 'a' key on my keyboard.  :wink:

Anyway, I would say, the answer is; you hold off those products if you're unsure - that's the sensible thing to do from your perspective, and the rest of us will just enjoy them within our frame of expectations.  :wink:

etc.....

Folks (everyone) - please play nice. Lets not ruin the thread.

My apologies for my part in that, Momtchill.  

The 'a' key is nowhere near the 'o' key on a keyboard, so use of profanities on a flight sim forum attended by people as young as 13 seemed bang out of order to me.     .......getting personal about people's choices of Avatars kind of tells me all I need to know.... 

But hey. we are lucky to have the 'ignore list' feature on this forum, so perhaps me and the guy above can consider using that, and move on.  :wink:

Ok, so I have just shelled out on this F1 B200 and it is awesome! ........ I really can't fault anything about it, it has a tremendous sense of weight in the hand flying, and the G1000 positively seems lighter of frames than the F1 Mustang and the T182T.

My only 'wish' is that they do implement some more 'switch' and other interior ambience sounds.

But this one is a serious winner!

I said the spelling error was unintentional.  And I seriously doubt that a "minor" would have noticed it, or even known what a **** was until you so kindly pointed it out for the world.  And my mention of your avatar was simply an analogy, I'm sure understood as such by all but you.

Now I'm out of this thread, because I don't feel the rest of the participants should have to suffer from a moderator locking it on account of an argument as stupid as this one is over a typo that you insist on hyperanalyzing.  Hey Moderators, for the sake of Q, please feel free to change the 'a' to 'o' in the post in question. 

Geez.

Ok - now that its out of your systems lets put this to rest and let the thread continue.

My apologies for my part in that, Momtchill.  

The 'a' key is nowhere near the 'o' key on a keyboard, so use of profanities on a flight sim forum attended by people as young as 13 seemed bang out of order to me.     .......getting personal about people's choices of Avatars kind of tells me all I need to know.... 

But hey. we are lucky to have the 'ignore list' feature on this forum, so perhaps me and the guy above can consider using that, and move on.   :wink:

Ok, so I have just shelled out on this F1 B200 and it is awesome! ........ I really can't fault anything about it, it has a tremendous sense of weight in the hand flying, and the G1000 positively seems lighter of frames than the F1 Mustang and the T182T.

My only 'wish' is that they do implement some more 'switch' and other interior ambience sounds.

But this one is a serious winner!

Hey Q....

Does this puppy have LPV approaches in the database? Annnddddd will the AP capture the GS?

Say for example..... This one..

http://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1307/pdf/00361R31.PDF

KSLE - RNAV (GPS) RWY 31

SALEM/ MCNARY FIELD