Sign in to follow this  
Ultor

Is Maddog 2010 Pro still worth buying?

Hi!

I noticed that LSH Maddog 2010 Pro got upgraded (SP3) and is now sold at a bit cheaper price. That's why I wonder if purchasing this plane right now is a good idea. On the one hand this is still very advanced design but on the other it is quide old (still ported to FSX). So is it wise to purchase Maddog 2010 Pro for FSX or maybe some more modern airliners are now available at similar price? BTW I already own LDS 763 and PMDG 737NGX, 747X, MD-11X, JS41 planes.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

In fact LSH announced an idea of FSX native Maddog but so far they did not find graphic designer needed to do the job. Therefore I am not sure this project will ever materialize.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

You have nice colection of planes there(except that Captain SIm :) )... I own all of them, if you like realistic simulations - my advice is to go for maddog.   This is still my best purchase for any flight sim.

You can go for Majestic Q400 as well, very detailed, modern textures+excelent external FDE

Yes, I have just updated my signature after two years, LOL! My CS 727, as being very buggy plane, got uninstalled a long time ago. In fact I am a big fan of airliners so I actually buy best ones on the market. Anyway I don't know much about Majestic Q400. It must be a new product.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

to be honest.. Yes it is! okay so its got a couple (literally 2 or 3) minor bugs.  It's got full systems, great fde and all round performer! Ever since the update was first announced I jumped right back in and now fly it all the time. 

Oh, it's turboprop like JS41! Yet Pilot edition is very limited. Where to buy Pro version???

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

Pro version of the Dash 8 Q400 will be available in a few months, according to the developers, Majestic.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I would await the PMDG 777 TBH, it promises to be state-of-the-art for sim add-ons and fully supported.

spacer.png

When may PMDG 777 make his first appearance?

Anyway as for now it's very hard choice: LSH Maddog 2010 Pro or Majestic Dash-8. :shok:

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

OK, after careful consideration I have decided to go with LSH Maddog 2010 Pro and now I am its new owner. I think this plane has some issues but Majestic Dash-8 has them also and moreover it is too pricey taking into account level of complication the real Dash-8 plane has in comparison to much more advanced and several times more expensive real jet airliners.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

OK, after careful consideration I have decided to go with LSH Maddog 2010 Pro and now I am its new owner. I think this plane has some issues but Majestic Dash-8 has them also and moreover it is too pricey taking into account level of complication the real Dash-8 plane has in comparison to much more advanced and several times more expensive real jet airliners.

You're missing out on a mighty fine turboprop with all the latest modelling techniques and a state of the art FDE model. The Mad Dog was great at the time but doesn't compare with the Q400, period.

You're missing out on a mighty fine turboprop with all the latest modelling techniques and a state of the art FDE model. The Mad Dog was great at the time but doesn't compare with the Q400, period.

^this

Matt Wilson

The Mad Dog was great at the time but doesn't compare with the Q400, period.

While they are very different planes I don't think so.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif