Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

A problem with the ILS at Aerosoft ENVA (Trondheim) airport scenery

Just bought the Aerosoft Trondheim (ENVA) scenery and did my first flight into this airport in the northern Norway yesterday using the NGX and when I was about to catch the ILS into rwy 27 the ILS never kicked in. I could see both the localizer and the glideslope start moving looking at the PFD but the flight modes never changed.

No you probably wonder why I ask about this problem in here because first thought would of course be there's a problem with the ILS in this add-on airport scenery and that was my first thought as well since I haven't seen this problem flying the NGX into more than 20 other payware add-on airports  but when I posted about this problem in Aerosoft's support forum I received an answer from them they tested the scenery with the default FSX Cessna aircraft and couldn't replicate the problem which would suggest the problem is with the NGX. I also before posting in their support forum did a search and found an old thread where someone else had the very same problem with the same scenery when flying the NGX. Unfortunately that old thread didn't include any solution to the problem but again it was suggested that the user should try a different aircraft.

So...since I do all my flying in the NGX and would like to be able to use the add-on scenery I just bought for Trondheim I ask in here as well. Anyone else using Aerosoft's Trondheim scenery when flying the NGX and if so did you have any problem with the ILS? So far I only tried the ILS approach into rwy 27 but will try the ILS into rwy 09 as well.

Here's the thread over at Aerosoft support forum

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/70380-problem-with-the-ils-at-enva/

Thanks for any input guys!

Richard Åsberg

Could you post some screenshots of the cockpit on the ILS? This to check the used settings.

Sure, I'll do that next time if I don't find the problem until then.

Richard Åsberg

Hello Richard,  If you are using Navigraph charts etc., Tronheim airport is listed as having to be updated, I don't know what the previous ILS radio signal for RW27 was but the current ILS is 109.9 which may have a bearing for you to check with what you are using.  Hope this helped.  Richard Welsh.

(...) and when I was about to catch the ILS into rwy 27 the ILS never kicked in. I could see both the localizer and the glideslope start moving looking at the PFD but the flight modes never changed. (...)

Sorry, if this sounds stupid or even offensive:

Did you hit either LOC or APP on the MCP? Were the LOC and G/S modes armed in your PFD?

No offense taken ;-) and yes, APP was armed and both the LOC and G/S was armed looking at the FMA and yes I'm using the latest AIRAC from Navigraph showing the ILS freq as 109.9

Richard Åsberg

I haven't had this problem at Trondheim. The problem I have there is (useing NGX) at about 8 miles out FSX would pause for approx. 5 seconds then sometimes crash. 

I believe this to be a conflict with UTX Europe.

Back to your problem..... when FSX doesn't crash there the NGX captures the localiser and glideslope fine.

Sorry I can't help.

Martin.

Martin Stacey.

Could it be that you have additional scenert of this airport in the addon scenery file?

I haven't had this problem at Trondheim. The problem I have there is (useing NGX) at about 8 miles out FSX would pause for approx. 5 seconds then sometimes crash. 

I believe this to be a conflict with UTX Europe.

Back to your problem..... when FSX doesn't crash there the NGX captures the localiser and glideslope fine.

Sorry I can't help.

Martin.

Very weird this indeed. I also have UTX installed and FS Global Ultimate X mesh for Europe but I haven't seen any crashes so far and if I must choose between that and a faulty ILS I prefer the ILS issue for sure ;-) Too bad though you have this problem yourself!

I have someone who is very skillful when it comes to these types of issues so if I'm lucky he'll eventually be able to find out what's wrong with the ILS in my case.

Could it be that you have additional scenert of this airport in the addon scenery file?

Nope...never installed any scenery for Norway before this one except for Aerosoft ENGM which works just fine in all regards. Then I of course have mesh (FS Global Ultimate X) and landclass (UTX) installed for Europe so that will of course also cover the ENVA area but I doubt that would cause any problems with the ILS but who knows...

Richard Åsberg

I'd like to see a screenshot of the PFD/FMA now, when the LOC capture just has been missed.

Here's a screenshot showing both the G/S and LOC as active looking at the PFD and as you can see APP is armed and so is VOR/LOC and G/S looking at the FMA, inbound course is set and ILS freq also set (not seen in pic though but 109.9 is set on both sides).

I grabbed this screenshot from a video clip because I actaully recorded this flight so I might even upload the ILS approach segment of the movie clip to YouTube so you'll be able to see the problem not only by looking at a pic but with full motion but I don't have the time to fix this right now but maybe later today if it could help you understand what the problem is.

ILS%20problem%20at%20ENVA%20from%20the%2

Richard Åsberg

Don't  know if  it  this is the problem, noticed  that command  b is not illuminated as per command a?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

From what direction do you fly to FAF? Have you tried to intercept localizer with HDG SEL?It seems you're paralleled to LOC and have G/S inhibit before LOC capture option turned on. That's why it don't want to activate this modes.

ANP should be ok here, but the problem can also be in airport or airac coordinates in this case.

Don't  know if  it  this is the problem, noticed  that command  b is not illuminated as per command a?

Well spotted but I doubt that would be the problem since you don't need both CMD A and B to simply capture the ILS.

Richard Åsberg