Sign in to follow this  
tazz

FTX GLOBAL Base Pack - Preview Screenshots

I thought it was brand new textures?  Usually those are larger??

Yes, but they are still generic. Many of the same are used across specific regions of the globe. It's not unique textures for every inch of the globe. But yes, new textures are usually larger in file fize, but I am not sure what the file size of the default textures are.

Brandon Filer

Hi there. We replace the Scenery\World\Texture folder with our own textures (which are the same size as FSX default at 1024x1024), then add many more unique textures using unlocked classes for more variety. So the installed size is 9GB but since we backup your texture folder you will need all of that 9GB in free space on your HD.

The product page is only a small sample of the preview shots we've shown so far on our forums. We have taken several hundred shots from all corners of the globe.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Great textures, but without a next-generation landclass product to place them properly in the sim, it just doesn't interest me much.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Great textures, but without a next-generation landclass product to place them properly in the sim, it just doesn't interest me much.

I believe this is what their "openLC" initiative with this is for.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

1. As Tabs said, that's what OpenLC will be for.

2. There are more then enough very good landclass products out there which will all work perfectly fine with FTXG.

3. FTXG comes with LC corrections and obviously better textures so I don't think you will see deserts where they shouldn't be like in FSX default. MS/Aces made some mistakes with various textures and LC, making for instance Norway look like a desert, but this won't happen with FTXG.

If installing this, what we need to uninstall? GEX UTX? Both?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

It does the same thing as GEX, so gets the same benefit from UTX that GEX gets. The LC additions later sound like they will supplant UTX in time.

When will this be available for purchase?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

When will this be available for purchase?

It's already advertised at fullterrain.com (see OP ...).

So, according to former ORBX releases, it should only be "days away". (Sorry, Robert, couldn't resist!)

Now this is what am talking about  keeping FSX alive!!! Purchasing FTX Global to me it will be like purchasing a new FSX. You will want to fly any place on earth just to see the amazing work Orbx has done. Thank you

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

WHen you talk about OpenLC with improvements in south america, does that mean major improvements, or just local fixes? Because right now Brazil looks all green, with the except of major cities! I would love to get FTX GLobal from day one with LandCLass improvements for my region!

Alexis Mefano

Hi there. We replace the Scenery\World\Texture folder with our own textures (which are the same size as FSX default at 1024x1024), then add many more unique textures using unlocked classes for more variety. So the installed size is 9GB but since we backup your texture folder you will need all of that 9GB in free space on your HD.

The product page is only a small sample of the preview shots we've shown so far on our forums. We have taken several hundred shots from all corners of the globe.

John how does the "Hybrid Mode for FTX Central Regions" work?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hybrid Mode is a toggle switch in FTX Central that keeps all Orbx FTX Regions active and we activate a hybrid lclookup.bgl that keeps all autogen and features for each region working as best as possible. This allows you to take off from London and fly to Paris, Berlin, NYC, Singapore, Sydney etc, without needing to switch regions with FTX Central.

If you don't have any Orbx FTX regions, just install FTX Global and it becomes the new 'Default'

If you have previously installed Orbx regions, install FTX Global and tick the "Hybrid Mode" option when selecting "FTX Global" as the region (it replaces Default). That's all there is to it.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Can it be installed on a different disk than your FSX disk?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If you have previously installed Orbx regions, install FTX Global and tick the "Hybrid Mode" option when selecting "FTX Global" as the region (it replaces Default). That's all there is to it.

Hello John,

is there a problem when installing a FTX region after the FTX Global installation? Will the "old" FTX region installers cooperate with the new hybride mode?

Patric