Sign in to follow this  
EzRyder

Crash on Spawn - ALOT

I can barely get to a Job - the aircraft crashes the moment it spawns and I then lose joystick & keyboard input  if I 'Restart Mission'  (It loads using the restart) :(

If I exit and choose another mission then I crash again - I can load FreeFlight OK but I do have this problem on rare occasion, I just select 'Fly' and land to fix it in FreeFlight.

If I keep trying (exit game-restart game-restart a job) I can eventually get it to load but it may take as many as 7-8 tries  :(      usually 2-3

This just started (I thought 'joystick' at first) and I haven't changed anything except maybe using repaints, but I have been using them since before this problem started.

No updates to windows, drivers, etc

Has anyone else had this kind of a problem?

I know that on certain airports the C-46 is too large for the parking space it gives you. Not sure which plane you're using, but you may want to try the Maule or Cub, or takeoff from a larger airport. As for the joystick, make sure it's plugged in well, then go to Options, Aircraft Controls/Game controls, make sure that the game can recognize your joystick by switching the input device from keyboard to your joystick. If it doesn't show up with your joystick try a different USB port.

I know that on certain airports the C-46 is too large for the parking space it gives you.

Does this mean it crashes the C-46? Mostly happens with the Maule but the cub and icon do it too (I don't have the C-46)

Also it is more prevalent in Alaska were it crashes every load with the Maule and every other load with the cub (happens only every 3-4 loads in Hawaii) :(

Joystick shows and is plugged in the same as always - but will try a different port for good measure - I did remap a button yesterday for TeamSpeak (also installed TS yesterday) but this started the day before - I have racked up 30+ crashes in 2 days and only got to fly 3 times :0

After some more testing (and more 'crashes')  :)

This appears to have something to do with placing of the aircraft at a new location.

If I save my place in freeflight it will load - if i change locations 'crash'

If I start in the air in freeflight it loads.

If I load a mission (even at the same airport) 'crash'

I can load a mission i don't want to fly 'crash' exit freeflight (without exiting the game) then chose another mission from the same airport and it loads.

I just sent Microsoft a message (are they really using Facebook for a support forum?) lets see how long till they respond :)

I know not alot is known about the inner workings of this new a game so I appreciate the suggestions - thank you.

I suggest you do some trouble shooting. Lets start with not expecting MS to respond. They never once responded to my questions in the last 8 years. Second try to isolate if the problem is software or hardware. Get another joystick or unplug the one your using and fly with the mouse. Someone you know must have a joystick or game controller you can borrow. Then try as suggested a different USB port. Re examine your game controller settings. Do you use separate software for your controller? could there be some such software operating and conflicting with MSFlight's own software. Saitek controllers for instance have not only their own drivers but there own configuring software. So lets start there.

Moe

This is very strange. I have never had any kind of problem like this. Yes, try a different joystick to begin with. MS is more likely to respond in the Steam forum I think. 

Steve

More tests - more crashes  :)

First thank you all for the suggestions

My joystick is a Saitek Cyborg v1 - I never installed the 'SST Programing Software' as its optional (Plug & Play - Windows installed the drivers - Maybe try the software?)

1st test unplug joystick, reboot, & try game -> crash
2nd test remove joystick drivers, reboot, & try game -> crash
3rd test reinstall drivers, reboot, & try game -> crash
4th test plug in joystick & try game -> crash

I did quite a few more tests with different aircraft & locations but no change still crashes anytime the game relocates my aircraft.

Not sure why you suspect the joystick, its been working for 2-3 wks (with this game - the stick i've had for most of a yr) with no changes but thnx I want try everything to eliminate any possibilities :)

I don't have access to another joystick atm but will borrow one tomorrow (tried without one at all so not sure this is necessary)

Sherlock Holms - “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

And what about your joystick assignments? Did you change them? Can you unplug the joystick and perform a test with joystick defaults?

4th test plug in joystick & try game -> crash

Yes this was with 'default joystick assignments' I guess - I have before and since changed them

Guys do you really think it could still be the joystick?  Even when the program crashes with no joystick or drivers installed (and a cold reboot in between) ?

It only crashes when the aircraft is relocated by the menu (on about every 3rd crash I can see the aircraft 'falling' from what looks like 20 ft up)

I think you have ruled out the stick. In the old days when Things got mucked up enough with FSX FS9 and P3D I would just wipe out the config file and let the program just build another. I can see the config easily for Flight and you could delete it but I don't know if Flight will rebuild it. You could save it to another location and see what happens.

Moe

The next time you crash, could you provide a screenshot of what happened? I think it would be easier to analyze what's going on if we could see it.

Tried a Logitec FlightPro joystick this morning with the same results

The next time you crash, could you provide a screenshot of what happened? I think it would be easier to analyze what's going on if we could see it.

Sure :)

Loading a flight then ...

Hard to catch this one as it happens immediately on spawn

Final Result  :(

And here is the same thing in FreeFlight (no Mission selected)

Again I reiterate this only happens when I RELOCATE the aircraft either by selecting a mission or changing airports in FreeFlight from the menu- I can Airport hop all day (reloading as many times as I want) so long as I DON'T change locations from the menu.

Also to clarify: In my first post I said -

I then lose joystick & keyboard input  if I 'Restart Mission'

This should say I lose ALL input - joystick, keyboard, & mouse (the only key that works is ESC)

But this is only if I use the 'Restart Mission' button - if I exit the Mission and start a new one I don't lose inputs.

It sounds to me like you have a bad install. Any chance you could delete (after backing up your career files) and re-installing Flight?  This is the first instance I've heard of this happening.  If you have a Steam install, verify your local files and let Steam d/l any that are corrupt or missing.

Sometimes with a problem such as this, it's necessary to start over and only install one thing at a time in order to identify the culprit.

Keep us posted as you go and maybe someone can key in on what the problem might be.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Do you use the Map key (M) to move your aircraft around to different airports rather then the menu? Or does it make no difference either way? just wondering!

Any chance you could re-installing Flight?

Yes that's my plan  :)   but I have 3g Broadband (~70kb/sec max)  atm - waiting until Monday for High speed cable to be installed

Do you use the Map key (M) to move your aircraft around to different airports rather then the menu? Or does it make no difference either way? just wondering!

I hadn't used the (M) before but checked and It makes no difference