Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

PMDG Terrain radar with ORBX FTX Global

Would anything they've done to develop FTX Global cause any issues with using the Terrain radar in the NGX and (soon) 777?

Cheers,

Luke

Shouldn't they're just textures. It would be like how many of us use GEX now.

I am no expert, but I guess FTX Global will do no harm to the terrain awareness... since 1. FTX Global isn't about mesh, but rather about textures and maybe a bit of landclass and 2. the terrain awareness relies on PMDG's database, which is "independent" from FSX...

Gents-

We have no idea what you are talking about because there is no terrain radar...

(Are you talking about terrain awareness?  Yeah.... thats done using data, not radar... radar is unfeasible because you'd have huge blank spots behind any rising terrain.  LOL)

But to answer the actual question:  No.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'm sure you're aware there's no mesh in FTX Global. But I see why you might be asking. Maybe there's extra tall autogen added that would not be visible in the terrain radar database? Unless its REALLY tall I don't think we need to worry about it. If it was a real problem I think orbx would have mentioned it. You should have collisions turned off anyway. I don't think you can hit autogen with it turned off

Gents-

(Are you talking about terrain awareness?  Yeah.... thats done using data, not radar... radar is unfeasible because you'd have huge blank spots behind any rising terrain.  LOL)

But to answer the actual question:  No.

:Whistle:

Awesome to hear lads - thank you all  ^_^

Radar/Database..... same thing..... right..........  :Monkey:

Maybe you'll realise the physiological effects of your glorious 777 torture!! :blink:  :rolleyes:  

Luke what you don't know is that the T7 is released, and we're all enjoying it...but your mind is stuck in the development phase still,you went a tad crazy waiting and your mind has gotten stuck in place and time.

Basically PMDG fried your brain..oh well keep your chin up!

Lee

Year 2014 flying the 777

Luke what you don't know is that the T7 is released, and we're all enjoying it...but your mind is stuck in the development phase still,you went a tad crazy waiting and your mind has gotten stuck in place and time.

Sorry can't talk right now - in the car, white jacket next to me.. Mother won't say where we're going. She just said "Robert says it's for the best"....  :(  :Nail Biting:

Gents-

(Are you talking about terrain awareness? Yeah.... thats done using data, not radar... radar is unfeasible because you'd have huge blank spots behind any rising terrain. LOL)

But to answer the actual question: No.

Lol your on fire lately

Radar/Database..... same thing..... right

These 'tutorials' are going to be 'sow ejumakatchonal'....

Probably because 99.9% of these so called 'tutorials' are created by spotty 14-18yr old lads with hoarse voices...with little explanation behind their methodology - they do the things the way they do 'just because'

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

These 'tutorials' are going to be 'sow ejumakatchonal'....

Niceeee low shot. But you obviously didn't get the humour.... it's alright - many loose that in time  :biggrin:

Humour?

Damn...I thought you were being serious?

Would anything they've done to develop FTX Global cause any issues with using the Terrain radar in the NGX and (soon) 777?

I rest my case.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I rest my case.

Ohhhhh you're moaning at me because I called it a radar and not a database. My dear, sincere apologies  <_<  :lol:

G-CIVA, on 03 Jul 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:snapback.png

Probably because 99.9% of these so called 'tutorials' are created by spotty 14-18yr old lads with hoarse voices...with little explanation behind their methodology - they do the things the way they do 'just because'

Add the 'white jacket' to your description ...   :rolleyes:

To do some justice to Luke, there are addons around which simulate the database approach but actually read the sim scenery to collect the terrain data: In that case modifying the scenery (different mesh, for example) does change the depiction of your TERR ON ND.