Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

PMDG Terrain radar with ORBX FTX Global

To do some justice to Luke, there are addons around which simulate the database approach but actually read the sim scenery to collect the terrain data: In that case modifying the scenery (different mesh, for example) does change the depiction of your TERR ON ND.

Still not a 'radar' though is it?...more like a....ermmm a Terrain Database perhaps?

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Still not a 'radar' though is it?...more like a....ermmm a Terrain Database perhaps?

Okay, we get it - I was wrong, I'm young, I make mistakes - unlike you obviously. Now may we move on?  :Peace:

In that case it simulates a terrain database. But the DB is not included in the (terrain gauge) installer; it's built by means of a flightsim (current) scenery scan: The result of that scan is a database.

Now call the scenery scan similar to operating a radar and any confusion is maximized!   :P

Okay, we get it - I was wrong, I'm young, I make mistakes - unlike you obviously. Now may we move on?  :Peace:

Unlike me: I'm old ... and I make mistakes!   :lol:

Lee: I corrected your post for you:   :LMAO:

Luke what you don't know is that the T7 is released, and we're all enjoying it...but your mind is stuck in the development phase still,you went a tad crazy waiting and your mind has gotten stuck in place and time.

Basically PMDG fried your brain..oh well keep your chin up!

Lee

Year 2015 flying the 777

These 'tutorials' are going to be 'sow ejumakatchonal'....

Then please 'ejumakate' us;  show us and the rest of Avsim how a tutorial is supposed to be done

<_<  :Talking Ear Off:

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Luke what you don't know is that the T7 is released, and we're all enjoying it...but your mind is stuck in the development phase still,you went a tad crazy waiting and your mind has gotten stuck in place and time.

Basically PMDG fried your brain..oh well keep your chin up!

Lee

Year 2014 flying the 777

Actually the year is 2033.....On route to Beta Reticulas (Turn left at the shoulder of Orion) Flying the 1077. :ph34r: :lol:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

You missed a zero there, Mike.

These 'tutorials' are going to be 'sow ejumakatchonal'....

Funny, I read the quote in your signature, and it says:

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something."

Funny, I read the quote in your signature, and it says:

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something."

:He He:  :He He:

Mo45

Guys,

Our EGPWS terrain display reads compressed/processed elevation data files located in the PMDG/DEM folder, it does not read the simulator terrain directly. (there is actually no way to directly read terrain mesh in FSX - there was in FS9)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Then please 'ejumakate' us; show us and the rest of Avsim how a tutorial is supposed to be done

<_< :Talking Ear Off:

If you had the slightest bit of respect and the ability to do a smidgen of research, you'd know precisely that CIVA has given up many, many, many hours of his own time to educate hundreds, and maybe even thousands, of virtual pilots in the VA world and beyond.

Like many of us Old Farts, CIVA is simply bored of watching the forums here deteriorate from being a place of fun, respectful and informative discussion amongst people with a genuine passion for aviation, into a world of flame-wars and backbiting, sprinkled not so liberally with massive levels of intolerance. It's sad to see.

The likes of young Luke are merely a vocal and therefore obvious target, there are many more. The trouble with youth is that, as we all did when young, you just don't know what you don't know. Anyone that goes to the time and trouble to write a tutorial should be applauded, however, just because someone can write a tutorial, it doesn't mean that they know what they are doing. A lot of people here talk a good flight, but when it comes to the nitty gritty, cannot truly read and understand an FCOM, AMM, or SOP document, or even an approach plate, and in the process spread a lot of misinformation and cause bad habits.

Like myself, and i'm sure many others, CIVA is bored of the fan-worship culture here, and occasionally takes a dig. In this instance, Luke, the self professed fountain of all 777 knowledge ballsed up and opened himself up to ridicule. Ive seen many, many, many threads here where Luke has been the first to ridicule.

If you want to be able to dish it out, expect to have to take it.

Now.... When's the 777 out?

Many thanks

Paul.

Long time Flight Simmer

Former CEO of BA Virtual

Author of Many, Many documents for BAV

Still learning after all these years.

Yes, i get my satisfaction from being able to truly fly things as real as they get. CIVA has given up MANY hours of his time to teach me.

If you had the slightest bit of respect and the ability to do a smidgen of research, you'd know precisely that CIVA has given up many, many, many hours of his own time to educate hundreds, and maybe even thousands, of virtual pilots in the VA world and beyond.

Like many of us Old Farts, CIVA is simply bored of watching the forums here deteriorate from being a place of fun, respectful and informative discussion amongst people with a genuine passion for aviation, into a world of flame-wars and backbiting, sprinkled not so liberally with massive levels of intolerance. It's sad to see.

The likes of young Luke are merely a vocal and therefore obvious target, there are many more. The trouble with youth is that, as we all did when young, you just don't know what you don't know. Anyone that goes to the time and trouble to write a tutorial should be applauded, however, just because someone can write a tutorial, it doesn't mean that they know what they are doing. A lot of people here talk a good flight, but when it comes to the nitty gritty, cannot truly read and understand an FCOM, AMM, or SOP document, or even an approach plate, and in the process spread a lot of misinformation and cause bad habits.

Like myself, and i'm sure many others, CIVA is bored of the fan-worship culture here, and occasionally takes a dig. In this instance, Luke, the self professed fountain of all 777 knowledge ballsed up and opened himself up to ridicule. Ive seen many, many, many threads here where Luke has been the first to ridicule.

If you want to be able to dish it out, expect to have to take it.

Now.... When's the 777 out?

Many thanks

Paul.

Long time Flight Simmer

Former CEO of BA Virtual

Author of Many, Many documents for BAV

Still learning after all these years.

Yes, i get my satisfaction from being able to truly fly things as real as they get. CIVA has given up MANY hours of his time to teach me.

Woah, woah leave Luke alone enough picking 

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Woah, woah leave Luke alone enough picking 

Haha don't worry about it mate! Lets not all argue - but I appreciate your loyalty  ^_^

your loyalty  ^_^

The Luke Pabari fan club has been born. :P

Oh oh Luke! Can you make me a fan club too? I'm feeling left out and it looks like fun!