Sign in to follow this  
red259

Problems setting up EFB on second computer

I'm trying to setup EFB to work on my laptop while I run fsx on my main computer. Both computers are linked in a network. However, I need to direct my laptop to the Provider Data Folder on my main computer and I can not seem to locate this folder anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I am using windows 7 on both computers. 

IIRC you need to 'show hidden folders and files' on both to allow each to see one another. I'm not by my PC now but I'll look later to see where the folders are pointed to on my EFB.

IIRC you need to 'show hidden folders and files' on both to allow each to see one another. I'm not by my PC now but I'll look later to see where the folders are pointed to on my EFB.

Yes, that was the problem. I didn't think to set show hidden files on the second computer, but then figured it out. Now I am trying to figure out how I can go back and add this feature to my pmdg 737 ngx. I has selected fsx 737 ng, but I am not sure it is working with my pmdg jet. 

I'm new to networking and am finding the learning curve to be rather steep! I have two windows 7 machines networked and EFB running ok on the P3D machine.

On the second machine (where I want to run the Display Unit) I have selected "remote", identified the IP address of the Data Provider and in the Folders and Links tab altered the paths for the data, aircraft, library, flight logs and routes folders. However, when I open the Miscellaneous tab I can't select the Current Aircraft. The drop-down doesn't work and the window gets a red cross.

I put this down to my lack of network experience but can't find a solution.

Any help and guidance will be much appreciated.

Hi,

just beside the drop down box you will see a button 'create new ...'. Press this button to first create your aircraft. After the aircraft has been created you'll get back, then select the aircraft from the drop down box.

Hope this helps.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your interest. On a networked system doesn't the aircraft list have to come from the original setup on the P3D machine? 

I've been trying to link back to the original data, aircraft, library...etc.

Perhaps I have misunderstood, should I have set up the EFB so that the Display ONLY runs on the second machine?  I thought I could have Display running on both machines.

Regards,

Barry

I thought I could have Display running on both machines.

I don't know the answer to this but why would you want to do this? Just one more screen taking up space and memory.

I used a second PC for display but now use a laptop for it. Much easier to move the laptop to suit than the 2nd PC monitor.

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Perhaps I have misunderstood, should I have set up the EFB so that the Display ONLY runs on the second machine?  I thought I could have Display running on both machines.

Barry

Barry,

It is possible to install the DU on the same PC as the DU while having a second PC (laptop in my case) also with the DU installed. I have this setup although I only one run DU at any one time. You may run into synch issues if you have 2 DU's running at the same time I would imagine.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your interest. On a networked system doesn't the aircraft list have to come from the original setup on the P3D machine? 

I've been trying to link back to the original data, aircraft, library...etc.

Regards,

Barry

there is a complete EFB Installation and Configuration guide in your documents/Aivlasoft/EFB/Docs directory witch is a very well documented guide for networkinstallation

Hi Patrick,

My aircraft have already been created in the Display on the P3D machine, I've been trying to gain access to them on the second machine via the network path, also using the same method to connect to data, library etc.

I agree that that theInstallation and Configuration guides are well presented and make the installation and use of EFB on the P3D machine very straightforward, however I have not found them to be helpful in connection with networking to a second machine.

Regards

Barry

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 3:28 PM, pasterke said:

there is a complete EFB Installation and Configuration guide in your documents/Aivlasoft/EFB/Docs directory witch is a very well documented guide for networkinstallation

NO - it is NOT well documented at all.

In fact it is the messiest most ill-thought out program I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with.

There is NO guide at all as to which folder should be shared - it at best, extremely vague requiring a great deal of trial and error.

Well documented my hat !

Lol !

@Gabe777 I assume you know you are responding to a thread over 2 years old.

I disagree with you about EFB documentation. It's thorough and just needs careful reading. Only a few folders need sharing, simconnect.cfg configuring and a unique port number assigning.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather