Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Question about default camera views

I have been jumping back between FSX and X-Plane 10. And I find it sometimes confusing on the different camera views in FSX. Could someone please explain what the differences between the following:

1) Spot View and Locked Spot View?

Also I use to be able to zoom in and out while in those views using my scroll wheel on my mouse. But now I can't. The + and - keys don't do nothing either. How do I fix this?

Lastly, in X-Plane there's a camera view that hides the cockpit and allows you to see fully the outside world in front of you as you're flying. How can I get this view inside of FSX.

Thanks!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1)Locked spot is locked in position, whereas spot moves around when you turn, accelerate etc.

2)To fix the zoom issue, click anyhwere on the screen a couple of times and the zoom should work again.

3)Go to normal cockpit view (not VC) and press Shift +1, which will hide the main panel, then you can see infront of you.

Thanks a lot, I will give this a try!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Oh another thing is, when I'm using Spot View, How come I can only rotate horizontally and not vertically? I believe I use to be able to rotate all around.

Nope, still doesn't work. I can't zoom in at all. Not sure what happened as I use to be able to. This is frustrating. I can't zoom or rotate on both axis. 

I can only do so while I hit space bar, but I don't want to have to have it this way. Before I simply can do everything (zoom, rotate on all axis) while using my mouse without having to use any key combination.