Sign in to follow this  
robandium

ERROR MESSAGE

So I installed PMDG MD-11. I thought, yeah!!!

I started fsx. Then there was a error message: Scenery read error. Attempting to open a nonexistent directory: c\program files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulatorx/texture. Click OK to continue.

So i clicked ok, but my fsx crashes every time!!! I have uninstalled it already and i dont want this anymore. I have many addons.

Can anybody help me please?

I will be glad if you can!

Thankyou for your time.

Robandium

where is your fsx installed? Is that correct patch "c\program files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulatorx"?

And after you get this message, did you tried just to click ok? What happens if you click ok?

If i click ok, i get the fsx load screen for a while, but then it just close down! FSX doesnt work anymore. That is my windows saying.

go to "c\program files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulatorx" and check that you have folder "texture" there. If not, you need to repair fsx installation(repair function from FSX DVD)and apply SP1 and SP2 again

Just remembered something, check twice when you entering your purchase information to register PMDG MD11, there was some things about software piracy...

Ok i will try

But i dont have my cd anymore, is there another way to get to repair option?

Can you help me again? i dont have the cd anymore, how do i get in the repair menu?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "PMDG MD-11". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

You must have FSX DVD, there is no other legal way

What  cd  your  fsx or  md-11 you cant  find?  Have you tried using the window restore option to a earlier  time before  you had  problems?

Or better  still than using the  restore option  which  sometimes is  a hit  and miss  thing  have  you made  a back up copy of  your hard  drive at all?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

DId you check if you actually do have the folder 'Texture' in your FSX directory?

If so,is it empty?

There should be a load of .dds files in there.

If it's missing,check your recycle bin to see if it's there and restore it.

Try system restore to see if the folder will be replaced if it's missing altogether.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020