Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best military fighter jet for FSX?

I'm looking for the best one. Is it Aerosoft's F16, VRS F-18, Iris F15/E? Is there one better than these? Looking for the best looking in terms of VC, and exterior design, sounds, and realistic operations.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

VRS F/A-18  The system depth is crazy and it seriously will take a lot of effort to learn them. I gave up ahha

Milviz F-15E. Read Avsim Gold Star review.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The three you mentioned are the best of that type, though some prefer and I believe as well the Milviz is the better F-15. But if you're a huge fan of the F16, Aerosoft is it. If you want an F-18, VRS. IMO the VRS is the best overall; systems, model, fde. And with the tacpac, oh man. And surprisingly, Dino Cattaneo's T-45 is a great stepping stone to the F-18, and it's free! Milviz makes a great T-38 if you lean towards the air force and F-15 path. Aerosoft is working on an F-14 due within a year I'd guess. It should be good; on par with their F-16.

VRS Superbug. In FSX, nothing comes close, seriously.

Milviz' stuff is very nice, but VRS flight model, systems, configuration manager and ability to use weapons with addition of tacpack makes it category of itself. Until DCS Hornet (and Superhornet, hopefully) is released, of course. Aerosoft F-16 is great plane to fly above mountains thinking "oh I like F-16 and this looks beautiful" but it's nothing for serious simming. Putting it in the same list as VRS F-18 is disgrace I'm afraid. :lol:

I see that there are 2 developers who make the F15, Milvis and Iris, which one is the better of the 2? I'm seriously considering purchasing the VRS F-18 though, it looks amazing!

Also isn't there an F22 Raptor for FSX as well?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The Milviz T-38a is amazingly fun. It's not really a fighter jet tho, it's a supersonic trainer jet. The FDE is really unique, it will hurt you if you don't fly the plane correctly (it's easy to get too high angle of attack, the T-38 has tiny wings). The systems are quite basic, as this is a 1960s trainer aircraft. It's the most enjoyable "fighter" experience in FSX in my opinion. The VRS F/A-18 is of course amazing as well, but it's a totally different kind of plane with lots of electronics

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Also isn't there an F22 Raptor for FSX as well?

Yes, there is, from Iris. But it's waste of money. Since that plane is so classified and no info is available whatsoever, systems and flight dynamics are completely made up. It would be nice for freeware project, but asking almost 40€ for it, is out of this world.

Milviz is the better F-15. More advanced systems. Weapons are fully functional. You can download the manual from their site before you buy and get a feel for some of the depth. Iris makes an F-22 but it's not considered very good. I believe the F-22 is still a little bit classified, so the cockpit is not 100% photo realistic. It's VC definitely doesn't compare with the VRS. But if you just want to bomb around in an F-22 I bet it rocks. But definitely get the VRS F-18. You may find after digging through the manual and trying to learn it that you don't need anything else....

Seems like VRS-F18 Superbug with the freeware USS Nimitz/USS Eisenhower carrier addon from Javier makes this plane so worth it. And the TAC Pack as well, although I'm not sure if that would be fun when flying in single player mode.

Seems like VRS-F18 Superbug with the freeware USS Nimitz/USS Eisenhower carrier addon from Javier makes this plane so worth it. And the TAC Pack as well, although I'm not sure if that would be fun when flying in single player mode.

This.

The rest, all of them mentioned here are, frankly, a complete waste of time since you cannot deploy the weapons.

spacer.png

The rest, all of them mentioned here are, frankly, a complete waste of time since you cannot deploy the weapons.

Which is why we use FSX instead of a combat simulator.