Sign in to follow this  
pilot98

Low fps in p3d while usage gpu and cpu is low Please help

Hello,
This is my pronblem:
In p3d my settings are almost max while my fps is really low (5 fps) butm my gpu and cpu both using around 50%.

My settings:
I7 3770
jetstream gtx 770 2gb
ram 8gb
1tb

Please help.

More information please. Which add-ons are you using including scenery. and where are you flying to see the low FPS?

Mac

I use the add-ons
woai
aerosoft sceneries
pmdg 737 ngx

I see the low fps all around eham (aerosoft schiphol).

Aerosoft EHAM is one of the most graphically intense mega airports. Combining a PMDG 737 NGX with it, and throwing in a fair amount of AI from WOAI may tax your system that much. Since the NGX isn't specifically built for P3D I also am assuming there will be a loss in performance due to simple compatibility issues. Throwing your settings at max definitely won't help either.

Sorry if this isn't any help, it's just what I've found so far.

I would like to confirm what Jeremy has said. I think your first move should be to change to Orbx scenery. Perhaps wait for FTX Global in a few days time. Orbx/FTX have put a lot of time, in collusion with LM, to develop a scenery that is FPS friendly.

Hello Pilot98,

In addition to what Jetsflier and Arismac have said - I know that the i7 Processor is Top of the Line !! - however Processor speed is critical - anything below 3ghz will not give You the best Frame rate - I just upgraded from a 2.5 ghz processor to 3.5 ghz the increase was amazing !! 4ghz is even better !!

Johnman           :p0504: