Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

NEW Europe osm+autogen Released!

Following changes are made to the previous version March 2013:

1. OSM data by geofabrik.de dated July 2013
  2. Multipolygons are processed, that means missing (manily bigger) buildings and forests are now included.
  3. Buildings and forests can have inner yards if they are made of relations in osm.
  4. Smart exclusions to avoid penetration of osm and autogen objects
  5. More 3D buildings, more tags are processed.
  6. New facade set modified by Pascal Lachat

Thanks to Benjamin Blanchet (osm2xp), Henry Favretto (multipolys), Pascal Lachat (facade set) and Andras Fabian. Have fun using the sceneries! icon_smile.gif

Very nice! Hope to see the other continents updated soon as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Alexander Colka

Very nice! Hope to see the other continents updated soon as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

North America has also been released

• New facade set modified by Pascal Lachat

As my computer is not operational and I am unable to get the new version, I am curious if anyone can let us know if the new facade set makes a noticeable difference for the better in terms of more realistic and more variety.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

:-(  No XPX on my disk right now, it's saturday... 

Now being serious... I already downloaded it and will try to install ASAP! It must look even better than their previous versions, at least judging from a few screenshots I saw.

Looking fwd to find how Lisboa,  Barreiro and Setúbal look :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

:-(  No XPX on my disk right now, it's saturday... 

Now being serious... I already downloaded it and will try to install ASAP! It must look even better than their previous versions, at least judging from a few screenshots I saw.

It looks in fact much better, but it also needs a bit more power.. But my images are on another computer as well as X-Plane.

As my computer is not operational and I am unable to get the new version, I am curious if anyone can let us know if the new facade set makes a noticeable difference for the better in terms of more realistic and more variety.

Pascal's facade set has better roofs and don't slant when they on a hill or slope. So the look noticeably better for cites like Hong Kong.

The greater variety has been added by PilotBalu. All I did for this release was to add some new v10 commands to the .fac files: 1) make buildings level, even on sloped terrain, 2) roof shader with experimental "sloped" roofs even for very complex building. They are actually flat, but give the illusion of having four faces. Generally that works very well when viewed from the sky, but in some cases looks a bit strange.

P.S: Carrotroot was faster

I somehow can't get this stuff to work. I downloaded the Osm_Europe_osm+autogen file. I then unzipped it and put in in my custom scenery folder. I have OpenSceneryX installed but every time I start the sim it crashes without finishing to load. If I remove the Osm_Europe_osm+autogen the sim doesn't crash and runs just fine. Any Idea what might be wrong? My computer has 16gig of ram so I don't think memory should be the issue.

I'd like to add that this is actually not "my" facade set. This is just "enhanced by me".

I'm also working on a complete facade set, tuning textures, colours and values. I asked PilotBalu not to include these textures now, because I worked with the standard OSM2XP set as a base, and had to do a total rework. However, I'll base my future tweaks on his set.

. Any Idea what might be wrong? My computer has 16gig of ram so I don't think memory should be the issue.

It is not so much your system memory that is in question but your graphics card. While I was able to use it with my 1 GB graphics card I had to turn the settings so low, that it wasn't exactly funny. If you have less than 2 GB VRAM use the OSM only version.

It is not so much your system memory that is in question but your graphics card. While I was able to use it with my 1 GB graphics card I had to turn the settings so low, that it wasn't exactly funny. If you have less than 2 GB VRAM use the OSM only version.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7870 with 2 GB of VRAM. I Will try the OSM only version and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the hint.

I have a separate problem with certain files, I downloaded two photoreal sceneries, about 3 Gb in filesize. I just cannot get it to extract, tried 7zip, Winrar and Winzip...to no avail. All of the OSM data files work perfect.. :(

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56