Hi guys,

Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but I am considering doing the 3 monitor setup, and I know that my wife will not want to use all 3 monitors when in desktop mode (checking email, working in MS Word, checking Pinterest, internet, etc.).  So my question is, how easy is it to switch between the massive screen back to using only the normal resolution on the center screen?  Will I have to set everything up each time I want to fly, and then undo it all after each flight, or is there a more simple way to do it?  Thanks!

Paul

Right click on the mouse, go to screen resolution, click on a monitor look for "Multiple Displays", click disconnect display. repeat this for the 2nd monitor.

It's usable even set at three monitors all the time, you can still window mode use things like Word and "Internet browsing", in fact you can easily do both at once.  You might find she actually likes having the additional space. 

Ian R Tyldesley

You don't mention if you have Nvidia or AMD - while AMD is generally frowned upon for FSX, it's Eyefinity mode is great for triple monitor setups. You can set up display groups where you can change the display from say, an Eyefinity desktop resolution of 5760 x 1080, to a simple extended display of 3 x 1920 x 1080.  It also lets you mix n' match - I generally run 3 monitors with the two sides being 1920 x 1080 and the center being 1920 x 1200.  Display groups can be toggled between from a tray icon, or even a keyboard shortcut.

Once you use windows on an multiple monitor desktop, it's hard to go back.  Doing things like having multiple full screen browser windows is awesome.  A lot of applications also natively support multiple monitor use, like Lightroom for example.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I use 3 monitor surround and for business use, I just window the app and use it on the desired screen. It will open up here the next time you fire it up. If the large screen array starts to strain the eye, I just knock off the ones I'm not using with the switch on the monitor. This does not affect the other displays.

Once you are used to a 3 screen display, there is no going back; Excel on one, a pdf open on the other and Email on a third, becomes very convenient.

Oh . . . and damn good for simming also!