Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

GEX new screenshots on FAcebook

Hm, wonder what made GEX decide to create a Facebook account right now...

Hm, wonder what made GEX decide to create a Facebook account right now...

Hmm

Wouldn't you promote your new product in every venue possible?

It looks fantastic I might add.

I hope they make the sorely neglected US desert southwest look like it actually does with the amazing colors, cactus etc.

Wouldn't you promote your new product in every venue possible?

Is this a new product?

No, it's not a new product. They simply feel Orbx breathing down their neck. I like the screenshots of FTXG a LOT more, btw. Yes, even when looking past the ENB enhancements etc. (which imho don't do the screenshots any good: I really don't like JV's ENB settings).

And so it begins........the battle of the ground environments... :rolleyes:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Im not sure there is a battle at this point.

The FTX global textures look a cut above the GEX ones as it stands.

Add to the fact that Flight1 and Nick N wont let you anywhere near P3D with GEX it makes FTX Global a far more attractive proposition.

GHarrall, on 12 Jul 2013 - 9:54 PM, said:

Add to the fact that Flight1 and Nick N wont let you anywhere near P3D with GEX it makes FTX Global a far more attractive proposition.

They do let you use GEX with P3D in the future, but hey want to charge you again with their "P3D version", which is the same product (unless they are preparing something truly new for P3D V2.0, which is unlikely IMO). I've managed fine without GEX with my P3D, big thanks goes to ORBX and to many othe scenery devs, payware and freeware. Goodbye GEX, I don't miss you.

They do let you use GEX with P3D in the future, but hey want to charge you again with their "P3D version", which is the same product (unless they are preparing something truly new for P3D V2.0, which is unlikely IMO). I've managed fine without GEX with my P3D, big thanks goes to ORBX and to many othe scenery devs, payware and freeware. Goodbye GEX, I don't miss you.

Well someday if you guys become businessmen and you have to measure your company's exposure and risk of a lawsuit perhaps you won't rush to condemn others prudent business decisions.

It's not your neck on the line so it's easy to throw thinly veiled insults out there. 

GEX has served many of us well for a long time- so we're not so quick to throw them under the bus.

Well someday if you guys become businessmen and you have to measure your company's exposure and risk of a lawsuit perhaps you won't rush to condemn others prudent business decisions.

It's not your neck on the line so it's easy to throw thinly veiled insults out there.

GEX has served many of us well for a long time- so we're not so quick to throw them under the bus.

it hasn't caused any problem whatsoever for all add on devs other than pmdg and flight 1. in fact orbx are working with LM.

as for being a "businessman" I will leave that thinly veiled insult alone as you have zero idea what I do for a living!

At almost $95.00 Canada for FTX Global, GEX has one big advantage for me, I already have it.

Wow! How to start an internet argument, post anything then wait 5 minutes!

Jay

Wow! How to start an internet argument, post anything then wait 5 minutes!

LMAO....

@Glenn, I know what you do...  :Whistle:

It's an addon for a computer program that you paid for, not a family member.

Whatever looks better with the higher feature set will be what I use. I've had GEX for years but I always found it only a modest improvement (and downright ugly in many areas) and I'm glad to finally have a viable replacement to turn to.

You guys that have shelled out $200+ to cover the whole world in GEX textures and are satisfied, stick with it. I find the quality difference between the two to be pretty large. To each his own.