Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

GEX new screenshots on FAcebook

I will NEVER buy GEX products again, I just don't like them at all. The colors are terrible and the textures just don't look right. FTX all the way for me and I'm not trying to start a war here either, I could care less what anyone else thinks.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

it hasn't caused any problem whatsoever for all add on devs other than pmdg and flight 1. in fact orbx are working with LM.

as for being a "businessman" I will leave that thinly veiled insult alone as you have zero idea what I do for a living!

Yeah that's a solid legal argument.. You're correct- I don't know what you do for a living but it sure isn't as an attorney or as a decision maker at a business.

As far as insults- you get what you give that's why we're having this conversation.

Well someday if you guys become businessmen and you have to measure your company's exposure and risk of a lawsuit perhaps you won't rush to condemn others prudent business decisions.

It's not your neck on the line so it's easy to throw thinly veiled insults out there. 

GEX has served many of us well for a long time- so we're not so quick to throw them under the bus.

How was I insulting anyone? I just made a point that I won't buy a single GEX product anymore because of their business decisions, which I find bad and that I haven't missed GEX since I stopped using it after platform change. And yet more, most of the people seem to be anxiously waiting FTX Global and replacing their original and even GEX texture sets (at least that seems to be the spirit in the forums here). At the same time GEX makers are effectively splitting their potential market into two segments requiring a new purchase from P3D users(which most of the devs don't seem to be doing) and thus possibly getting fewer customers at the time when they get serious competition from ORBX, pretty much first true alternative for their product. How's that a wise business decision at this point?

But that is enough from me about this subject. I am not going to start a flame war here. I hope everybody enjoys the product of their choice, whether it is GEX, ORBX or something else.

Yeah that's a solid legal argument.. You're correct- I don't know what you do for a living but it sure isn't as an attorney or as a decision maker at a business.

As far as insults- you get what you give that's why we're having this conversation.

There's no possible legal ramification for Flight1 or the GEX developers from people choosing to use GEX in P3D. 

None at all. It's almost stupid to even suggest it. That's like saying Ford can be sued if I go run my car into someones house.

Flight1 has a professional store they are setting up. Instead of offering dual installers they are going to charge different prices for different versions. They are already doing this with the IFly737. It has nothing to do with legal risk to their company.

Nonsense. Orbx are working WITH Lockheed Martin and are actively being encouraged to do so as is any other addon dev who wishes to do so. Just check the P3D forums for the word from LM themselves. There are other reasons at play, not least to protect a lucrative commercial business which is threatened should P3D be adopted by the masses.

For your information, I work in the Medical Device sector and make business and risk decisions everyday, usually associated with product modifications or launches. A little more involved than a flight simulator but still.........

Thats the last word I will have in this topic. There were no insults to any developer, simply a questioning of business sense. It was you sir who made it insulting and personal. Have a great weekend.

How was I insulting anyone?

"Goodbye GEX, I don't miss you. " You felt compelled to throw that mean spirited dig in there and it made it personal.

Now how would you feel if you were a dev and someone said that and slammed your product, a product that you worked hard to develop and market. A labor of love. 

I can tell given your reaction to my reply that you would not be happy. Didn't feel good did it to have what you put out there scrutinized?

That's the point I'm trying to make here.

There are real people with real feelings behind these computer screens. Words have meaning.

One can criticize without being hateful.

We are very fortunate to have the products we have for FS.

Endless attacks and insults towards devs plus piracy could bring that all to an end someday given current course and speed.

And these are the days of our lives....

Every thread has to be a soap opera doesn't it? Can't wait to see who gets amnesia!

- Aaron

It's a shame we cannot respect one another's views.  Before this thread gets further out of hand, I'm locking this topic.

Jim Young

AVSIM Moderator

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10