Sign in to follow this  
Kenzo

Alaska Airlines "Spirit of the islands" N560AS repaint

Hello!

I got bored a bit and started playing around with photoshop for the first time in a long long time. Didn't start with the intention to create a full repaint, but after playing around for 30 minutes I am actually thinking of creating this repaint. Big problem is, there aren't really any high resolution images of this wonderfull livery around on the web. Right now I have to guess a lot of lines.

Like I said , this is a really quick start, only 30 minutes of hastily work or so. But I really need more and better images to recreate it better.
alaskapaint.jpg

The green mountain is pentooled quite quick. I had to guess a lot of lines because I don't have any sharp images. The overall colors are a bit off, but that's easily changeable. And the clouds, well they just suck. I will probably redo them fully.

So I have 2 questions:
1. Is there demand for this livery?
2. Can anyone provide me high resolution images of this airplane?

Regards Lucas de Wit

sig1.png
sig2.png

Looks really great!!! Awesome!! 

Demand is always there!! I like it, for sure!!!

For the pictures, did you look at Airliners.net? (I cant post the link here).

Look forward to the results!!

RGS,

Yori Smulders

Looks really great!!! Awesome!!

Demand is always there!! I like it, for sure!!!

For the pictures, did you look at Airliners.net? (I cant post the link here).

Look forward to the results!!

RGS,

Yori Smulders

Yes I have. Also site's as jetphotos. flickr and even google image search. Problem is, the tail for instance of the pmdg ngx is 3221 pixels wide and 2243 pixels high. With most images on the web only being about 1024 pixels wide and having the whole airplane on those 1024 pixels, I have to enlarge them so much, they will get very blurry. I also wanted to do the CEWE Fotobuch livery of TUIFly.com (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2jpINuPv-1M/T-NX3wxQ7QI/AAAAAAAAAjU/eGkrenyXW_M/s1600/AIA_738W_tuifly_cewe_fotobuch.jpg) since I recently made several closeup photo's of 4752X3168 pixels, but that livery didn't strike me as much as the Alaska Airlines one. I could really use such photo's of N560AS to create this repaint, but since I'm not living in the states I am unable to make them unfortunately.

If I come across it, I'll try to snap some shots.

Would be great, if possible zoomed in as much as possible, and several close ups. The chance I will see the a/c anytime soon is very small, since I won't visit the states before june 2014 probably.

sig1.png
sig2.png

Thanks for showing interest guys, means a lot!

alaskapaint3.jpg
Still a lot details and adjustments to be made, but the LH front side of the fuselage is starting to look like it!

sig1.png
sig2.png

Thanks for doing this.  I too will try and grab some shots next time I come across 560 out in the system.  I've yet to get a close look at it.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Me as well, it's a really vibrant, unique livery.  (Almost counter-intuitive to see it, being a Hawaii scheme, on an Alaska Airlines plane).

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM