Sign in to follow this  
Airway88

Things that are missing on the NGX

Hello!

The PMDG NGX is really really advanced but it is some small minor things that I miss on the B737NGX.

The things are as follows:

-Engine options that you can select if you are gonna have 22K, 24K or 27K engines, some airline are using 27K engines, SAS for example are using 22K and 24K engines on the B738, only the newest -800s have 26K engines. TuiFly Nordic/Thomson/AirBerlin uses 27K engines on the newest planes.

- SAS 73G/73W has a mix off 22K engines and 24K engines, the oldest ex-Braathens planes have 24K on the B737-700/W(LNTUM, LNTUJ, LNTUK and LNTUL/B737-700W, LNTUH, LNTUI, and LNTUD/B737-700)

the rest of them has 22K engines except of the newest ones (24K LNRRA, LNRRB, LNRNU, LNRNW)

- SAS B737-683 has 20K engines (all planes)

- SAS B737-883 has 22K and 24K, (26K on the newest planes, LNRRE, RRF, RRG, RGA, RGB, RGC, RGD, RGE, RGF, RRJ and RRH)

- A before start option there the engines are shut off, and beacon are off(haven`t found that option on the preprogrammed panelstat/aircraft stat from PMDG)

- A Option for Sky Interior(That the lights in the cabin are changing)

- A small sticker on the panel when it is Carbon brakes installed as it is on the real planes.

- A Option for single class for 189/187 seats on the -800, as it is on the most single class planes, instead of 171 maximum capacity as it is pr now, I am flying alot of RYR and NAX and they are all using 189 seat congiurations.

These things are the things I am missing from the ifly there we had all of the functions.

I am a hardcore flightsimmer, using real aircraft performance programs(EFB, ToDC etc), the real crewbriefings and so on.

I had an issue today there I had to have 171 pax instead of 189 as it was planned with, and my weight and all did NOT correspond to the real thing.

If these things can be done for a new SP or something it had been really nice to get the right engine options and paxnumbers as it is on the real thing.

Kim Ruben Fjeldstad

Id like to see the ability to pic the engines myself.   That was something I had hoped would be in the NGX back when we were all hovering around the forums waiting for it to be released.

A feature that didnt make it in, not the biggest deal I suppose, considering about all the other features of quality in the aircraft, but if there was something that would be cool to see added as a feature when a new SP or the BBJ package is released, being able to choose which engine is installed would be one I would like to see.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Hey Airway 88,

it is manatory to use your real name in the PMDG forum, so make sure you get used to sign your posts unless you want to get banned ;o)

I strongly recommend doing the two tutorial flights that come with the package, they will answer most of your questions and are both highly entertaining AND informative...

I have no solution for all your problems but on some of them I can comment:

- You can create your own panel states using the FMC

- IIRC you can also choose the single class layout in the FMC

as for the changing cabin lights and the carbon brakes sticker, I think they are not a real show stopper, but to each his own, as they say:o)

Best regards,

Arne Bergner

LABOX4.jpg

Hey Airway 88,

it is manatory to use your real name in the PMDG forum, so make sure you get used to sign your posts unless you want to get banned ;o)

I strongly recommend doing the two tutorial flights that come with the package, they will answer most of your questions and are both highly entertaining AND informative...

I have no solution for all your problems but on some of them I can comment:

- You can create your own panel states using the FMC

- IIRC you can also choose the single class layout in the FMC

as for the changing cabin lights and the carbon brakes sticker, I think they are not a real show stopper, but to each his own, as they say:o)

Best regards,

Arne Bergner

The Single class layout is only at 171 seats not 189 as it is in the real thing :)

The engines, has to be some options maken by PMDG you can`t make that your self :)

Kim Ruben Fjeldstad

A before start option there the engines are shut off, and beacon are off(haven`t found that option on the preprogrammed panelstat/aircraft stat from PMDG)

You can create your own before start setup via the MCDU-PMDG SETUP-PANEL STATE SAVE option.

A Option for Sky Interior(That the lights in the cabin are changing)

I'm not sure if changing the cabin is very worthwhile and beneficial regarding any resources (time, money) it may take. Some people want more indepth programming system-wise on the flight deck over details on the exterior and in the cabin.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The Single class layout is only at 171 seats not 189 as it is in the real thing :)

Weight is weight. Just load the PAX as weight. 34020 pounds of human is the same weight as 34020 pounds of lead. It'll only show a maxed out load of "171" people, but it'll behave the same...

...and there is such as thing as going overboard. It would be unreasonable to expect them to simulate every single minute detail. There are a ton of options out there, and we have a very respectable amount simulated.

Kyle Rodgers

- A Option for Sky Interior(That the lights in the cabin are changing)

- A Option for single class for 189/187 seats on the -800, as it is on the most single class planes, instead of 171 maximum capacity as it is pr now, I am flying alot of RYR and NAX and they are all using 189 seat congiurations.

I am a hardcore flightsimmer, using real aircraft performance programs(EFB, ToDC etc), the real crewbriefings and so on.
I had an issue today there I had to have 171 pax instead of 189 as it was planned with, and my weight and all did NOT correspond to the real thing.

Not very imaginative are ya. 1440kg of "cargo" = ~18 "passengers".

Does 1440kg in the hold produce a different figure for your aircraft performance programs than 1440kg in the passenger seats?

done. ... next...

This is a ridiculous post. Firstly if you had even read the tutorials you would have known that you can easily setup a panel state with the engines and beacons are off. Secondly the weight issue is easily fixed as mentioned above. The stickers? Really? Thats surely a joke?

Im not too sure what you were expecting from a $89 add on for a home PC. But seeing as PMDG simulated 99% of everything, including the hundreds of variations in customer options I think they have done an outstanding job.

Your not flying for an airline, your sat at your home PC. If you want everything to be 100% accurate go spend $100k+ and become a commercial pilot. There I guarantee you its 100% accurate as opposed to PMDG's measly 99% effort.

Maybe instead of sitting at your computer moaning about little things that you want and most other people are not bothered about, you could go and learn how to make your own FSX aircraft. If you think you can do a better job then PMDG then go ahead. When you've finished advertise her on AVsim and see how many people buy it.

Nobody is allowed to make a suggestion around here anymore :rolleyes:

I'd personally like to see the aerodynamic enchancements that Boeing brought out it 2011. Minor changes, but every NG built since then has these improvements http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/2012_q4/3/

Yeah, the forums have become quite vicious recently!!

Maybe it's because the forum is getting full of

1. nit picking comments. I think PMDG have there handful finishing the T7 and the 747 v2, along with working on other projects to then go back to the NGX and start making changes for a very few people. The NGX has a lot more options then any other add on I know for FSX.

2. questions that have to be answered with "read the manual". PMDG produced a full set of manuals and two tutorial flights, along with lots of information how to set up FSX for better experience and setting the PMDG how you want it.

The PMDG NGX might not have every single option that is available from Boeing, but the options it does have, work really really well.