Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

whare are your impressions of flightbeam KAID and Latin VFR KMIA vol2

First of all I have bought many addons from FS dreamteam, such as JFK vol2, KORD, KDFW, LAX, KFLL, CYVR, FLY Tampa, CYUL, KTPA, KBOS, KBUF,  I am re3allyimpressed by KAID from flightbeam, I would definitely put them in the same league as fs dreamteam and fly tampa  The airport is a must have and also pretty good on the frame rates.

KMIA is an addon since KMIA had many issues of performance, very unstable.  On the otherhand Latin VFR gained a lot of creditbiiy from me when they came out with KSAN, which is a masterpiece.  Thus they just about completely redid KMIA vol1 and for an inexpensive fee such as 5 euros, if you were a recent purchaser of KMIA vol 1 KMIA Vol2 would be 5 euros.  This is a tremendous deal, Ricardo and his team at Latin VFR have done a tremendous job in updating Miami vol2.

What are your feels and impressions of these 2 airports!!!

I think they are both great.  

Once thing I do want to see developers start to do more is to make sure all their sceneries are fully DX10 compatible sine it frees up more memory.  I combine Latin VFR KMIA with Drzewiecki Design Miami City 2012, and OOMs in DX9 mode can be common.  Currently Latin VFR products do not display properly in night, dawn, and dusk when in DX10 mode.  

FSDT has taken the lead in using native FSX textures in their latest products CYVR and KJFKv2, and I really appreciate that.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I concur with Luis regarding KMIA v2.  It is fantastic but not DX10 compatible.  That is a biggie for me, as I don't fly DX9 any longer.  But the airport and surrounding area are so good that I can deal with the funky graphical anomalies at dusk and night.

Alexander Alonso

Do these guys ever do discounts? Kind of expensive for an airport. 

I know at least with FSDT they have coupon discounts, even for their new releases. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering