Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

LatinVFR KMIA V.2 for FS9. Is it any better?

I saw this in the FSX forum but those answers were pertaining to the FSX version.  I'd like to know is the FS9 version better than V1?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

From a practical standpoint, I think only marginally.  I think there is probably a lot more included but it would be hard to notice without a direct A-B comparison.

I do think the 5 euro upgrade price is VERY reasonable though.  I upgraded and don't regret it for the money.

Detail seems a little sharper to me on the airport itself. The areas around the field are more densely populated with buildings than what I remember with v1. Performance in and around the airport is very good. Worth the upgrade price IMO.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

I would agree with the previous two opinions. I have upgraded and it is difficult to see a huge difference without a direct comparison but the textures of both the airport buildings and ground is certainly improved and, overall, there is a somewhat more realistic feel to the airport. I have had some minor issues with the autogen highways to the south of the airport but I think this may relate to an interraction with other addons such as DD Miami City and it certainly does not detract from the scenery. I haven't noticed any framerate difference but I have my frame rate pinned at 30 anyway and was achieving this also with V1. The upgrade price is certainly very reasonable (particularly when you consider that you also get the FSX version) and I am happy I did it.

Bill

Received notice this morning that it's already upgraded to V2.1.  No explanation of what has been changed, but downloading now.

No explanation of what has been changed,

Well for one I notice Ricardo has been nice enough to correct some errors in the manual I had pointed out to him. Such a small issue does point to a caring developer who has a certain pride in their work and will go 'the extra mile' so to speak.

Is anyone else seeing dark rectangles all over the ramp.... they look like they should be shadows for the GSU's but are simply rectangular?

fsscr063_zps00f0d425.jpg

May I Ask here if there is someone who has ugraded the Fsx Version, is it better than Version 1?? My System isn't the baddest, but the fps get Down to 4-6... I'm thinking about to Upgrade it to Version 2...

Is anyone else seeing dark rectangles all over the ramp.... they look like they should be shadows for the GSU's but are simply rectangular?

Yes. I also have that problem with V2, Ed....plus mine has large dark rectangles scattered all over the ramp and runway at the approach end of 27.  I tried deleting the D-Design Miami city and reinstalling LatinVFR, but it's still there.  Assume it's some sort of mesh or flatten issue, but I haven't seen anything specific on the developer's forums yet.

John G.

May I Ask here if there is someone who has ugraded the Fsx Version, is it better than Version 1?? My System isn't the baddest, but the fps get Down to 4-6... I'm thinking about to Upgrade it to Version 2...

There's a thread in the FSX forum for this scenery.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yes. I also have that problem with V2, Ed....plus mine has large dark rectangles scattered all over the ramp and runway at the approach end of 27.  I tried deleting the D-Design Miami city and reinstalling LatinVFR, but it's still there.  Assume it's some sort of mesh or flatten issue, but I haven't seen anything specific on the developer's forums yet.

Here is Ricardo's answer.....not what I wanted to hear. At least I did not pay for the so called upgrade and can go back to v1 if necessary.

Hi Ed,

I am sorry but because of the port down from FSX, I asked users to remove the option SCENERY CAST SHADOWS. We made shadows for all objects and buildings so you won't need it on KMIAv2.

Sure enough, Ed, disabling "ground scenery casts shadows" fixed my problem with the black rectangles at KMIA V2, and his in-house shadow effect is actually well done.  Thanks for inquiring about that with Ricardo.  Kind of a pain to have to change graphics settings to use an airport, but I'll probably keep V2 anyway at this point.  Now to reinstall the D-Design city scenery.....

John G.