Sign in to follow this  
swafan10

Livery list

Wow.  Such a pompous,condescending reply.  Someone asks a simple, polite question and is answered with this.  Perhaps you are well versed in history but I would suggest that you need a few classes in civil discourse.  Having a banner proclaiming that  "hugs and kisses won't be found here" does not excuse you  from proper behavior.  In my opinion, your response was far more unnecessary than the original poster's.

I have met many people in my life who have thought they were perfect but have yet to find any who actually were.

Steven Cherry

It really isn't condescending unless you choose to read it that way. It was simply a logic stream of a reply, lacking formality. If people can't handle the truth, regardless of how plainly it is stated, I can't be held responsible.

...and where did I say I was perfect? I hold myself to the same standard. Note my lack of similar posts.

If you look at my post in the voice of your favorite comedian, it really won't seem as ugly as inferred.

Kyle Rodgers

Didn't PMDG release a few liveries for the MD-11 that weren't exactly factual?  I think they did a few DC-10 liveries adapted to the MD-11 simply because they look nice and its fun to see what those liveries would look like. 

We operate our hobby in a virtual world where there are no rules, unlike realworld aviation which has no shortage of rules.  No one will be going to FS jail for flying a DC-6 painted in JetBlue colors while flying it to military bases. :lol:

There are a few fictional liveries I plan on painting simply because I liked the airline or I think is a beautiful livery.  I am planning PSA, and CP Air at least, then maybe Janet (maybe ET would like to go to Oktoberfest) 

No one will be going to FS jail for flying a DC-6 painted in JetBlue colors while flying it to military bases. :lol:

FS Jail?!?!!!?? Oh boy..... Maybe I'll consider my time spent around it. Does it at least have proper clouds that don't require ten addons?

Wow.  Such a pompous,condescending reply.  Someone asks a simple, polite question and is answered with this.  Perhaps you are well versed in history but I would suggest that you need a few classes in civil discourse.  Having a banner proclaiming that  "hugs and kisses won't be found here" does not excuse you  from proper behavior.  In my opinion, your response was far more unnecessary than the original poster's.

Touché! I guess I'm one who saw the funny side to Kyle's post lol.

Why do people care so much about release liveries? I'd be perfectly happy if PMDG released NO liveries at all if it cut back on the release date :P

(it wouldn't though, because the people working on liveries are not the same people working on making the FMS do the magical doo-dah that happens when the VNAV is put into the quantum-flux capacitator mode automatically by the 3rd backup omniprocessor neutron flow thingy.).

If it released with nothing but a plain white livery, I'd give it about 3 months till 'your favourite livery' is released.

...Less if you make a request to a re-painter who also wants 'your favourite livery'.

More, if 'your favourite livery' is "fictional boring hard to make livery from Azaurakisijatislakastan airlines who used to fly Tu204's in the 1990's but went out of business in 2003 but I'd love to see what their yellow, brown stripy dotted livery looks like on a 777, especially the way the spiral red bit wrapped unevenly from one side of the tail section, through the elevator assembly  and down under the fuselage and ending in an exquisitely detailed flourish right around the wing root and under the fuselage near the landing gear. "

Personally I wonder if us Australians will get a Qantas 777-200LR first, or a Virgin Australia 777-200LR.

My bet is on the old V Australia livery getting a PMDG 777-200LR repaint before the new Virgin Australia livery.

Of course in real life, Virgin Australia only has 777-300ER's, and Qantas has no 777's at all!

Didn't PMDG release a few liveries for the MD-11 that weren't exactly factual? I think they did a few DC-10 liveries adapted to the MD-11 simply because they look nice and its fun to see what those liveries would look like.

That was a long time ago, more recently PMDG have stated that they won't spend time on fictional paints themselves.

...flying a DC-6 painted in JetBlue colors while flying it to military bases....

My head just exploded from that... :lol:

Steve Caffey

It really isn't condescending unless you choose to read it that way. It was simply a logic stream of a reply, lacking formality. If people can't handle the truth, regardless of how plainly it is stated, I can't be held responsible.

...and where did I say I was perfect? I hold myself to the same standard. Note my lack of similar posts.

If you look at my post in the voice of your favorite comedian, it really won't seem as ugly as inferred.

Kyle, your points are well taken.  I will add that I did not "choose" to find the reply as condescending any more than I "choose" to feel cold or "choose" to like/dislike a certain wine.  It is simply a visceral reaction.  My apologies if this was not your intension.

As for the "truth", well what is and isn't the truth is debatable.  The more important issue in my opinion is how we communicate with each other.  In my profession I often have to deliver very devastating "truths" to people. The manner in which it is delivered makes a difference in how they "handle it". I do believe that we are all responsible for the way we treat each other; be it in person or on a forum.

In closing, I do want you to know that I believe you are a very intelligent person with a deep knowledge of aviation and flight simulation.  I have enjoyed many of your posts.  It would be a shame if some people were reluctant to ask you questions fearful of how you would respond.

I will now retreat back to the shadows.

Steven Cherry

Woah and look where this thread went.!!!! I think as potential "customer" purchasing a soon to be released product(hopefully), has a right to ask anything about the product they desire. Apart from the WXR question, even I find irritating and we know PMDG|'s stance on this, however PMDG have not CONFIRMED a complete livery list therefore questions on liveries, the colour of the VC seats, and in particular the colour of the air hostesses underwear if PMDG, as such, decide to model them, will be asked, the dead horse shall be beaten flogged and downtrodden until the "customer" has their answer!!!!

Next question is........when is it going to be relased lol.???? Catch my drift ??? And just to also comment that scandanvian13's reply was a bit forthcoming to an innocent question - but who am I to judge??? Each to their own I say.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I will add that I did not "choose" to find the reply as condescending any more than I "choose" to feel cold or "choose" to like/dislike a certain wine.  It is simply a visceral reaction.  My apologies if this was not your intension.

Point well taken.  It really wasn't mt intention, which I guess is why my responses to those questioning the manner in which I post tend to get a little more cutting.  Sorry for that.  I know the attitude that comes through in some of my posts is less than friendly, but I'm rarely ever trying to be outright mean.  My first response, though definitely not overly political or friendly, was really meant to be satirical of situations like these in order to raise a point a little more obviously than by other means.

Kyle Rodgers

Unlike some vendors, PMDG seem to activley encourage the repainting community to relesase free repaints. The website has a 'core' set of textures to download, for free mind you, not as an addon pack you purchase like another vendor I'v seen out there :P

And within a few weeks of release you start seeing all kinds of repaints of the new release all over the avsim.com library. It's actually quite amazing what you can find in the avsim.com file library by just typing in PMDG as the search term and searching by upload date.

Here's to hoping for the FedEx panda livery somewhere down the road :Nail Biting:

Chris Sunseri

Here's to hoping for the FedEx panda livery somewhere down the road :Nail Biting:

Yes!! One of my most favourite 777 liveries. I'm sure the PMDG team would do it since they already have the normal FedEx done as we saw on the previews.