Sign in to follow this  
flight1986

American 757

The Boeing 757 is my favorite commercial aircraft. I love the way it's so thin and yet so long and tall. Once Boeing introduced winglets for the B757 it became even greater. I love the flexibility of the aircraft as well. It does short hauls of 1 hour or less, but is able to make long haul operations, such as United's 8h+ route from Newark to Berlin's Tegel Airport. I think it's really unfortunate that production came to an end, but it's for the better I guess. It's sad to see all of the airlines slowly eliminating their 757 fleets, they were truly amazing.

I could ramble on and on if you let me, but really, these are amazing. And considering American Airlines is the 757 I remember flying on the most, from LAX to Maui, it's really pretty in your photos. I would get the QW 757 if it wasn't for the fact that I can't fly it on many airlines outside of the U.S. and also the fact that I've been spoiled by the NGX already.

P.S.: I think the American Flag is upside down in the last shot, that's something I've not seen before!

Here is with new AA Livery

The Boeing 757 is my favorite commercial aircraft. I love the way it's so thin and yet so long and tall. Once Boeing introduced winglets for the B757 it became even greater. I love the flexibility of the aircraft as well. It does short hauls of 1 hour or less, but is able to make long haul operations, such as United's 8h+ route from Newark to Berlin's Tegel Airport. I think it's really unfortunate that production came to an end, but it's for the better I guess. It's sad to see all of the airlines slowly eliminating their 757 fleets, they were truly amazing.

I could ramble on and on if you let me, but really, these are amazing. And considering American Airlines is the 757 I remember flying on the most, from LAX to Maui, it's really pretty in your photos. I would get the QW 757 if it wasn't for the fact that I can't fly it on many airlines outside of the U.S. and also the fact that I've been spoiled by the NGX already.

P.S.: I think the American Flag is upside down in the last shot, that's something I've not seen before!

Thanks for your comments Greatly appreciated. As you can see i added the new livery as well similar shot or at-least one of them.  Yes I agree 757 is a wonderful bird and by far my favorite as well.  I have flown on many of them in different liveries as well.  I have had the opportunity to fly the Level D sim for 757 as well and let me tell you WOWWWWWW.

Could you expand on your post processing or internal sim settings?  These have a remarkable feel to them.  Well done.

Thanks alot.  Post processing is honestly nothing much to be honest.  I adjust contrast and sharpness just a little to smooth it out and that's it rest is all the sim its self.

Sim Settings:

Everything is maxed out with few .cfg tweaks. I use REX, GEX, UTX, Ultimate Traffic 2, Nvidia Inspector.  If your asking for actually settings I can take screenshots of every single settings and also include the .cfg and you guys can see.  Also I use SweetFX for lighting and that is what really gives a nice touch in the sim.  My FPS rarely drop below 25 worse case scenario.

Man, I loved the old AA polished metal livery.  Just Classic and looked so awesome on the 757 in particular.    Dont much care for this new scheme.   Hope it doesnt last that long before AA thinks about doing something else.   Kinda like Deltas 1997 scheme that lasted only a couple of  years.    

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Man, I loved the old AA polished metal livery.  Just Classic and looked so awesome on the 757 in particular.    Dont much care for this new scheme.   Hope it doesnt last that long before AA thinks about doing something else.   Kinda like Deltas 1997 scheme that lasted only a couple of  years.    

Yeah i agree the polished metal made any of their planes look just awesome and raw. It almost looked like it flew naked no paint to cover anything.

Thank you for those beautiful shots of a beautiful aircraft. I have flown twice in the last couple of weeks on AA 757's (LAX-HNL and back). Thankfully, the aircraft that I flew on had the traditional AA livery.

While the aircraft is nice to fly on, I must admit it is a little strange to still see old CRT TV screens mounted on the aisle ceiling instead of the smaller digital screens in the seat backs. All of the passengers have to watch the same program during the flight.

Thank you for those beautiful shots of a beautiful aircraft. I have flown twice in the last couple of weeks on AA 757's (LAX-HNL and back). Thankfully, the aircraft that I flew on had the traditional AA livery.

While the aircraft is nice to fly on, I must admit it is a little strange to still see old CRT TV screens mounted on the aisle ceiling instead of the smaller digital screens in the seat backs. All of the passengers have to watch the same program during the flight.

Thanks. yeah it is funny to sit in there and see these massive monitors.  Might get better fuel efficiency if they remove them, lol.  They will be modifying the cockpit i heard.

I personally enjoy the new livery more because the bare metal made their planes seem too old.

I personally enjoy the new livery more because the bare metal made their planes seem too old.

I loved the bare metal but the new livery is rubbing off on me.  Well AA marketing phrase is "most modern airline" so the new livery with its pearl white color gives it nice touch.