Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

Odd FSX textures in cockpit when changing views

Hi guys,

I am a new convert to DX10...thus far all is well... seems i followed the install instructions properly for once!

I have a question... when i change views from outside to back in the cockpit, the windows momntarily have this wierd texture then disappear... that is they have the Microsoft FSX opening screen texure for a moment then it goes and all is clear again...

There must eb an explanation to this i ma sure?

Also, i just installed the shaders 3.2.2 .bat which modofied the shaders (i beleive thats what it does) whilst backing up my orginals... I modified my NI settinsg to the suggested ones and backed that up too... modified the CFG and backed up...

Are there any other mods i need to do or is that it?

Thanks folks for your help on this!

Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

It is the brief delay while the textures and outside view load.

If you are still seeing opening screen textures there is a fix

which makes them black instead.

You seem to have taken most of the steps but as with any

readme, it is important to read and implement them all.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Doug:

You need to look in the "Bonus\Dark Background Texture\" folder of your downloaded DX10 Patch for the black bitmap (bkg.bmp). When you find it - just copy it straight over the bkg.bmp that sits in the root of FSX. What you're seeing was the blue DX10 testing bitmap. It is one of the "things-to-be-done" left over when the ACES Team was disbanded.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks guys!

Much appreciated and problem solved! :)

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug