Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Main Menu problem

I am having a problem with the main menu on my home PC. When I move the mouse over the menu headers on my work PC, a drop down menu appears. However, it does not do this on my home PC. Can someone tell me why this might be the case? If so, what is the solution?

I use Windows Vista 64 at work, and Windows 7 64 at home.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello and I'm sorry that you're having problems with the drop-down menus. This sounds like it might be a scripting error on your computer at home. Please make sure in your settings that you are allowing scripts to run or at least turning the security settings down below to a reasonable level

Also what browsers are you running on each computer at work and at home?

Internet Explorer 9 (or 10......not exactly sure) on both PCs. Where do I check the relevant settings with respect to running scripts in Windows 7?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm not entirely sure where you go to change those settings in Internet Explorer, however, I believe it's under Tools > Options > Advanced. If you check "reset to default" for all those check boxes, try again, and see what happens.

Also, you could try another browser like Chrome. Works great with our forum and is a much friendlier browser in my personal opinion.

Chase,

I am reluctant to check "reset to default" in case it messes up something else. I really need to know what specific item or items to change in that list.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That's beyond the scope of our support. Being volunteers we can't study every browser and its individual settings. Perhaps someone else reading this will know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chase,

You may be happy to know that I solved the problem. It seems that I had "Compatibility View" activated in the TOOLS menu. As soon as I disabled that, the page refreshed, and everything was back to normal. Thanks for the help!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Excellent, thank you for sharing the solution.  I have marked it solved in case others experience this.

Hi,

Just an FYI that the above solution did not work for me using IE10. I recently updated to IE10 to try this out and the new feature it introduced Tracking Protection was turned on and this causes issues with the menu drop downs displaying on the main menu. If you disable protection for the Avsim site (clicking on the blue "no entry sign" in the address bar, it works perfectly. Drop downs are back!

Hope that helps if anyone else still has the issue.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!