Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

Also Heading Problems

Hi,

the same is true for my heading. I put in a heading and the plane is not flying the course and is always some degrees of .

Se picture below.  heading is set to 220 and the flight is around 214 to 216 Degrees.

Try to understand the difference between heading and track? Crosswinds?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

just a little wind. But doesnt explain that the plane is almost 10 degrees of the heading that i selected. And i NEVER had this problem before.

on my other picture - i was flying over the atlantic to SAEZ with LNAV. the plane was almost 30 degrees of .

The System Registry file has been corrupted, or modified with a scenery file that has the incorrect Magnetic Variation, or no Magnetic Variation.

If it is a corrupted file, it is actually a Windows file, and even deleting and reinstalling FSX will not solve this problem.

Flight1 have "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool" available on their website at http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library‎

You will need to download this tool and unzip it. Do not run it from the zip file. You will need to run it as Administrator otherwise it will not work, because it needs to repair the registry file which is part of your windows installation and not "just" part of FSX.

Sometimes it is caused by a new scenery with wrong/no Magnetic Variation information in the afcad file (the one which lets FSX know where the runways and parking areas are so you can select the airport in the "free flight start" dialogue.)

In this case you may also need to install the "Updated MagVar Data" from http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html. This will fix the global file and bring the magnetic variation data up to date. I would suggest installing this anyway as a matter of course.

Finally to be thorough, and because I found I needed to do this once. Install the http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library‎ Registry repair tool again as administrator and not out of the .zip file.