Sign in to follow this  

FTX Norway South announced!

The good:

The region I've been waiting for 'all my life' has been announced by Orbx: FTX Norway South!

9277108098_1dc2978f9b_o.jpg

The bad:

It won't be released until the 1st quarter of 2014... ;)

Anyway, I am glad they decided to start working on Norway! They will also release Ireland in two parts btw, even before Norway. And (quite funny) they initially thought about releasing FTX The Netherlands (of all places)... I am so glad to decided to go for Norway instead!!!

Hope they are doing the North too, in my opinion the most exiting part B)

Awesome. One of the best countries to make an FTX region of in my (biased) opinion

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Sounds good... 

So is it now going to be possible to use different FTX regions without problems at the same time?

Like I could fly from FTX Scotland to Southern Norway without any issues?

I bought FTX Australia a long time ago but since then I haven't used it that much as I've been mainly flying around Europe.

Thats great news! It's certainly going to be an interesting challenge to fly around there.

So is it now going to be possible to use different FTX regions without problems at the same time?
Like I could fly from FTX Scotland to Southern Norway without any issues?

As this is still going to be part of FTX Europe, I don't think you would have to switch anyway, since you'll stay in the same region. You don't have to switch regions if you fly from AU red to AU green (or from PNW to NRM).

Awesome. One of the best countries to make an FTX region of in my (biased) opinion

Couldn't agree more!!!

Just bought the just planes Norwegian -800 "Top of the World" blu ray a couple days ago too!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

As this is still going to be part of FTX Europe, I don't think you would have to switch anyway, since you'll stay in the same region. You don't have to switch regions if you fly from AU red to AU green (or from PNW to NRM).

True! But when you get FTX Global (or maybe if you don't...?) you will get an option in FTX Central called Hybrid which will 1. enable FTX Global and 2. enable ALL FTX regions. This means you won't have to turn regions on and off anymore and that you can fly from AU to NA to EU without problems. There will be one small something that will have to be disabled for this to work but Orbx said only very keen simmers will see it. So it is some sort of compromise but a very small one.

:yahoo:

Delighted! I mainly fly in and around Norway and could do with some realistic mountains and such! 

But when you get FTX Global (or maybe if you don't...?) you will get an option in FTX Central called Hybrid which will 1. enable FTX Global and 2. enable ALL FTX regions. This means you won't have to turn regions on and off anymore and that you can fly from AU to NA to EU without problems

Thanks for pointing that out, Jeroen! I didn't really know about that feature of FTXG, because I only skimmed that other thread.

Sounds good, although I also expect more from the northern part with all the fjords. And from the Norway, there is just a little hop to Finland, so you may never know...

Most of the fjords are in western Norway, and are covered in FTX Norway South. Fjords like the Hardangerfjord and the Sognefjord are located there. They are the second and third largest fjords in the world

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Most of the fjords are in western Norway, and are covered in FTX Norway South. Fjords like the Hardangerfjord and the Sognefjord are located there. They are the second and third largest fjords in the world

I stand corrected. My bad geography. I've only visited northern most of Norway, Tromssa and north from there which is absolutely amazing, and Trondheim city little bit south.