Sign in to follow this  
skipsrr

Flight 50% off on Steam

I recommend anyone who is looking to buy Flight stuff to do it via Steam, and also recommend installing and running through steam instead of the standalone installer.  If you already have it installed it probably isn't worth reinstalling though.  Keep in mind if you are using steam the Flight Toolkit unfortunately doesn't properly detect the location of Flight if you have it installed in a steam library other than the default location in the steam folder.  I hope to fix this at some point when I release a new version.

Why do you recommend Steam as opposed to Games for Windows LIVE / standalone?

Was wondering the same, after reading the response earlier?

Given the degree of difficulty I encountered when installing the beta on a fresh Win7 install, coupled with further problems moving the DLC to a different drive, I'm wondering what the best process would be for the new system that I'm trying to get together?

I bought the Cub Deluxe through Steam, but haven't installed it onto this older system. So when the new system is ready, would I go for a Steam install of Flight and the Cub? And if I did, would I encounter any problems unlocking the DLC previously installed through GFWL?

Steam is generally less buggy during the installation process than the standalone installer.  Steam is also still supported where as GFWL is not being updated any more (and hasn't been since before Flight shipped).  Anything you bought in GFWL still works in a Steam install since all DLC licensing, etc is handled by GFWL.  Steam also tends to have deals :)

Thanks, Mr. Developer! Looks like I'll give the Steam install a try, once I finish getting the new parts all together.

And if that doesn't work? I've been down the bumpy road known as GFWL before...

I'm hoping for a 75% off sale before pulling the trigger on Hawaii and Alaska. Maybe the Carbon Cub Deluxe too.

The Carbon Cub is a must, you won't regret it.

Hands down without a doubt the first thing you should get if you haven't got it yet is Alaska.

Moe

In order of importance for purchase in my opinion.

Alaska! basic Carbon Cub is a downer, but we will fix that... 

The Carbon Cub, a must with Alaska

The Hawaiian Adventure pack. RV-6 is loads of fun

The Maule M-7. Need something proper for medical flights and lighter cargo over long distances.

The C-46. A Clandestine pilot's dream. 

Any warbird of your choice.

I think you can still get the P51 Red Tail for free. This would be a good warbird to get started with.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Looks like I'll be getting the Hawaiian Adventure Pack then!

Maybe get a plane too...

If any of you guys missed out, I do have a second copy of Microsoft Flight Complete ($48 or 22 keys)

• Microsoft Flight: Hawaiian Starter Bundle which includes: (Hawaiian Adventure (All Islands), Maule M-7-260C Deluxe, P-51 Mustang Basic
  • Alaska Wilderness Expansion
  • Carbon Cub Deluxe
  • C-46 Basic
  • Mitsubish A6M2 Zero Basic
  • F4U Basic
  • P-40 Warhawk Basic

* keys are items that can be purchased in the Steam Marketplace using your Steam Wallet. Each key is worth approximately $2.18 and is used as virtual currency in the game trade world. It is a safer way to trade if there is a lack of trust. If you are interested in this form, please let me know and I will explain further.

If any of you guys missed out, I do have a second copy of Microsoft Flight Complete ($48 or 22 keys)

• Microsoft Flight: Hawaiian Starter Bundle which includes: (Hawaiian Adventure (All Islands), Maule M-7-260C Deluxe, P-51 Mustang Basic
  • Alaska Wilderness Expansion
  • Carbon Cub Deluxe
  • C-46 Basic
  • Mitsubish A6M2 Zero Basic
  • F4U Basic
  • P-40 Warhawk Basic

* keys are items that can be purchased in the Steam Marketplace using your Steam Wallet. Each key is worth approximately $2.18 and is used as virtual currency in the game trade world. It is a safer way to trade if there is a lack of trust. If you are interested in this form, please let me know and I will explain further.

This copy has been traded.