Sign in to follow this  
red259

Proper way to start up a 737 ngx flight

I am having a lot of issues with my addons and so far have not been able to get everything to work well together. I am using the 737 ngx with fs2crew. I have a saved flight plan generated with efb and I am trying to use voxatc for an ifr flight. What are the proper steps for getting everything to work together? Meaning how should I load up the flight plan and jet and in which order. So far problems I have encountered is vox having no voices at all even though they can hear me or not acknowledging the loaded flight plan. FS2crew FO refusing to start the engines even though I entered all the information, etc. 

Concerning Fs2Crew and the engines not starting: do you have SP1C installed for the NGX? If so, do you load the plane with a 2D cockpit? If so, then you MUST have missed or skipped an option or maybe you aren't doing things in the exact right order...

Apart from that: it might also be a good idea when all of this is new to you to start with one addon only. So first get to grips with the 737NGX. Then add for instance FS2Crew to it all. When all that works, see if you can add EFB plans to the lot and finally, when you've got everything under control (after a few weeks ^_^ ) start using VoxATC. You are dealing with some complicated addons and so trying to get them all under control at once might be a bit too much to ask.

J van E, on 13 Jul 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Concerning Fs2Crew and the engines not starting: do you have SP1C installed for the NGX? If so, do you load the plane with a 2D cockpit? If so, then you MUST have missed or skipped an option or maybe you aren't doing things in the exact right order...

Apart from that: it might also be a good idea when all of this is new to you to start with one addon only. So first get to grips with the 737NGX. Then add for instance FS2Crew to it all. When all that works, see if you can add EFB plans to the lot and finally, when you've got everything under control (after a few weeks ^_^ ) start using VoxATC. You are dealing with some complicated addons and so trying to get them all under control at once might be a bit too much to ask.

I have used fs2crew and ngx together for awhile. I start with a default 2d. I am not skipping a step in the fs2crew. It actually gives me a sdk warning at the start and claims I have not set the parking brake when I clearly have. It has something to do with when I load a flight into the system it messes up fs2crew. I am not sure if I should setup and save an ifr flight with a plane other than ngx and then load that flight into the computer and then change planes to the ngx and then at that point launch fs2crew and enable vox. I do have sp1c installed as well. I managed to hear the voices on vox again by unplugging my usb sound card and replugging it in and then restarting vox. I'm not sure why the voices go out on a load sometimes.

having pre-made flights or other things isn't necessary and may be why you are having issues.

here's basically how i do it

1. run fsx, go to free flight mode

2. load plane - pick the ngx

3. load flight plan - you have to do this for voxatc to know your plan

4. when it asks if you want to move to the airport, say yes

5. click the location anyway, and change the location to a gate instead of the runway that you got put on with step 4

6. start flight

7. let it sit for a few while everything loads up

7a..use the FMC to load the fs2crew cold and dark profile if that's how you plan to start.. you can also save this as the defualt using the FMC

8. once it's stable open fs2crew and power it up

9. let it do it's thing then when it's ready start the preflight countdown

10. when you've got things somewhat ready to go with maybe 15 minutes left, open the voxatc window

11. hit enable and let it sit. you should hear it say 'test' for each voice pack. eventually it will finish and be waiting for you to tune atis or to ask for clearance etc

basically that's it

if you're not hearing the 'test' calls or voices it's probably a setup issue with your voxatc install, make sure you run through all the steps in the manual.

cheers

-andy crosby